From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Halopedia doesn't currently have a walkthrough for this level. Could you write one?
|“||Investigate the UNSC distress signal.||”|
|“||Master Chief and the Weapon chase the signal to the Tower, a well-defended fortress where the Banished have processed and interrogated scores of human prisoners — which now houses only one. Fighting his way to the top of the tower, Chief confronts its vicious warden Chak 'Lok and at last locates the source of the distress signal: Spartan Griffin, badly beaten and nearing death. In his final moments, he reveals that the Banished have been digging into the Ring in search of the Conservatory, a Forerunner facility north of the Tower.[Note 1]||”|
Mission begins with the Master Chief standing next to Echo 216.
- Pilot (COM): "Ready and waiting, Chief. Get onboard and we can leave."
If John-117 doesn't immediately board Echo 216:
- Pilot (COM): "You're messing with me, right? First you say you want me to follow some signal, then you leave me here waiting. Well, go ahead... It's not like I have anything better to do."
If the Chief starts exploring the rest of Outpost Tremonius:
- Pilot (COM): "What was that thing you were looking at back there? It looked like one of those things from down below. In that huge Forerunner room."
- Pilot (COM): "Well that's comforting."
- Pilot (COM): "I see your new friend from the Banished ship hasn't given up on you."
- John-117: "Apparently not."
- Pilot (COM): "What did he call himself?"
- John-117: "Escharum."
- Pilot (COM): "Escharum? That's someone I really want to avoid if possible."
If the Chief wanders around some more:
- Pilot (COM): "You ready yet?"
If the Chief still doesn't board the Pelican:
- Pilot (COM): "Are we gonna do this?"
John-117 boards the Pelican.
- Weapon: (in awe) "It's... beautiful, isn't it?"
- John-117: "To some."
The Weapon turns to him.
- Weapon: "I have a question. I was created to lock down Cortana but I don't know why. What did she do that was so wrong?"
- John-117: "She was our target."
- Weapon: "I understand that, but... is this classified? Because I don't have all the information."
Before John-117 can reply, the Pelican starts to tremble.
- Pilot (COM): "Chief! This is insane. I see Banished everywhere. Did you hear me?! Everywhere!"
Both the Chief and the Weapon are momentarily distracted, but their conversation quickly resumes.
- Weapon: "What intel did Dr. Halsey give you before your mission?"
- John-117: "Halsey only tells people what they need to know."
- Pilot (COM): (sarcastically) "Fly a Pelican straight into enemy territory. No one will ever notice. Great idea, big guy."
- Weapon: "I still don't understand why you had to delete her. It feels like something's missing."
The Pelican trembles again.
- Pilot (COM): "Guess what? They noticed. They all noticed. And we've got a Banished structure up ahead. Armored. Very heavily armored."
- Weapon: "It'll have to wait, I suppose."
The Weapon dematerializes.
- John-117: "How close can you get us?"
- Pilot (COM): "How close? We're unarmed and you're asking me how close?"
John-117 spots the large armored structure the Pilot mentioned.
- John-117: "Put us down here."
- Pilot (COM): "Here? We're still doing this?!"
The Pelican shakes ominously as it starts to descend.
- Pilot (COM): "Hope this works, because it's as good as it's gonna get!"
- John-117: "It's close enough."
Not waiting for the Pelican to set down, the Master Chief jumps out of the troop bay. Scene switches to the Chief's POV as he lands in an open field.
- Pilot (COM): "It better be. I'm getting out of here!"
Echo 2016 leaves the area.
- Weapon: "We're close to the UNSC signal's origin."
- John-117: "Source?"
- Weapon: "Unclear. There's just too much chatter on all Banished channels. I keep hearing "the Tower". It's probably the main structure we saw as we flew in."
John-117 starts heading towards the Tower. He soon comes across a captured UNSC FOB.
- Weapon: "Look down there! We're close to the FOB we detected. You take out those... monsters... get me to that terminal... and I'll show what I can do."
The Master Chief kills the Banished troops guarding FOB Golf.
- Weapon: "You made short work of that, huh? Now to business - let's lock down FOB Golf."
John-117 uploads the Weapon to a UNSC terminal, bringing it back online.
Player's TACMAP is initialized.
- Weapon: "Let me see... Yes, I was right. All I need to do is chat with the Banished security protocol... and by chat I mean push it out of the way because it is really not smart and... there!"
FOB Golf now registers as being under UNSC control on the TACMAP.
- Weapon: "We now have ourselves a second FOB."
- Pilot (COM): "Was that you?"
- Weapon: (proudly) "Affirmative!"
- The Pilot (COM): "So what? You're going to just... rebuild the UNSC... piece by piece?"
- Weapon: "That's his call. I'm just trying to be helpful... speaking of which... Each FOB seems to be linked to the battlenet. And if I do this..."
Nearby targets and locations appear on the map.
- Weapon: "...we can piece together what the Banished are up to."
Ransom Keep's location is highlighted on the map.
- Weapon: "For instance, over here is some kind of Banished outpost."
- John-117: "Purpose?"
- Weapon: "Unclear. But it's well-defended, so it's definitely worth looking into... and blowing up."
Okro 'Vagaduun's position is highlighted.
- Weapon: "And here is what I can only describe as someone that the Banished value... highly."
- John-117: "Noted."
- Weapon: "His bio is... interesting. If you wanna see for yourself, it's waiting for you in the database."
The location of a nearby Spartan core is highlighted.
- Weapon: "They're tracking UNSC transponders, too. Caches containing valuable equipment and intel."
- Weapon: "Oh no... It looks like there are multiple UNSC squads engaged in... trying to survive. They need your help, Chief."
After the player disengages the TACMAP:
- Weapon: "Are you ready, Chief?"
- John-117: "What do you think?"
- Weapon: "I already told you that the odds aren't great."
- John-117: "For them."
- Weapon: "Then let's go find out what that signal is!"
John-117 heads out to investigate the signal.
Mission carries over into The Tower.
The following achievements can be unlocked on Recovery across the all editions of Halo Infinite.
|114px||Reclaimer||Captured your first Forward Operating Base.|
- This summary covers the events of both Recovery and The Tower.