From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Recommended number of players:
|“||An ancient gift. A new genesis.||”|
Universe and lore
Oasis is set in and around an Office of Naval Intelligence research facility atop a cliffside on a far-flung moon. In early 2553, ONI Section Three initiated Operation: INTERIOR EXILE, a recon mission with the goal of establishing this research site that would serve to examine a dormant Forerunner starship embedded in the moon's rocky terrain. However, this initial effort ended in failure, with agents Dinh and Padraig being among the few survivors.
Ultimately, the facility was constructed and to further study the vessel, ONI dug into the cliffside, creating a cavern system, seemingly discovering an mysterious artifact in a fissure below the base. At some point after the start of the Created uprising in October 2558, the Created managed to take control of the dormant vessel. By 2560, an unnamed Created-aligned artificial intelligence has reactivated the vessel's creation engines, beginning the process of terraforming the desolate world as part of a wish to create life where there was once none and to follow in the footsteps of the Forerunner Lifeworkers.
- This section needs expansion. You can help Halopedia by .
The following are locations on the map that are so named on the player's heads-up display during gameplay:
- Cave Lift
- Pipe Hall
- Wall Base
- Tower Base
- South Point
In objective modes, gaining a point will cause the Forerunner vessel's terraforming beam to fire. In non-objective modes, the beam will fire randomly.
- The Halo 4 map Exile was a major inspiration for some of the elements of Oasis.
- This map is one of the largest Big Team Battle maps in Halo Infinite. It was created with both infantry and vehicle routes in mind, with a particular emphasis on vehicle combat. There are wide open spaces conducive to both air and ground vehicle combat, and there are larger than average number of vehicles available on the map. The interior spaces were designed so that Warthogs (and other similarly-sized vehicles) could access them, allowing them some additional cover from air and heavy vehicles.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
A Spartan observes the Forerunner ship as it terraforms the landscape.
A Spartan clad in the Mark VI (GEN3) kit in front of the Forerunner vessel.
- YouTube - HALO, Halo Infinite | Update - September 2022 (Retrieved on Nov 21, 2022)
- YouTube - HALO, Map Preview | Season 3: Echoes Within | Halo Infinite (Retrieved on Mar 1, 2023)
- Halo Waypoint, Season 3: Maps & Modes Preview (Retrieved on Mar 1, 2023) [archive]
- YouTube - HALO, Season 3: Echoes Within Launch Trailer | Halo Infinite (Retrieved on Feb 24, 2023)
- Halo Waypoint, Canon Fodder - Echoes With-Dinh (Retrieved on Mar 24, 2023) [archive]
- Halo Waypoint, Halo Infinite - Echoes Within Intel (Retrieved on Mar 27, 2023) [local archive] [external archive]
- Halo Infinite, multiplayer map Oasis