From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|“||Primarily operated by Banished-loyal Sangheili warriors, this outpost's primary function seems to be related to the appropriation of UNSC materials.||”|
On or after May 28, 2560
Halopedia doesn't currently have a walkthrough for this level; could you write one?
Ransom Keep is an optional side mission in the Halo Infinite campaign. It is part of the Lockdown section of the campaign. Completing it earns the player 100 points of valor.
The Chief infiltrates Ransom Keep, a Banished maintenance depot, in order to destroy the critical fuel silos and repair bays.
The Chief approaches Ransom Keep. Four fuel silos are highlighted on his HUD. A Brute Officer is giving orders over a loudspeaker.
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "Outpost Tremonius has fallen! Be on your guard! Defend Ransom Keep! The Demon heads this way!"
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "Salvage shipment confirmed. ETA six hours."
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "Titanium reserves are low. Reprioritize harvest levels."
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "Structural weakness detected in Silo 3. Repair teams, report in!"
- Weapon: "We're coming up on that outpost we learned about at the FOB. Looks like some kind of salvage operation. What's our move?"
- John-117: "Shut it down."
When the Banished spot the Chief:
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "We are under attack! Lower the fuel silos!"
Alarms begin to blare. The facility's security gates rise. The fuel silos withdraw underground.
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "Ransom Keep must not fall!"
The Chief launches his attack.
- Sangheili: "The humans dare storm our Keep?!"
- Weapon: "The Banished really want to protect their fuel silos."
- John-117: "Clearly."
- Weapon: "So what are you going to do about it?"
- John-117: "Disappoint them."
- Weapon: "Nice. You need to manually raise each silo first."
The Chief continues to engage the Banished forces within the facility.
- Weapon: "Each fuel silo should have a manual override. Scan the area."
The Chief finds the override for one of the silos. He raises the first silo.
- Weapon: "Silo's raised."
The Chief destroys the first silo.
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "Fault detected in Silo 1!"
The Chief locates and raises the second silo.
- Weapon: "You know what to do."
The Chief destroys the second silo.
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "Silo 2 is offline! What is happening?!"
The Chief raises the third silo.
- Weapon: "Destroy that silo, Chief!"
The Chief does so.
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "Silo 3 is down! Defend Ransom Keep! All remaining forces deploy immediately!"
An Eklon'Dal Workshop Phantom arrives and drops off enemy reinforcements. Banished Drop pods arrive soon after. The Chief defeats the reinforcements.
The Chief raises the fourth and final silo.
- Weapon: "Take out that silo!"
The Chief destroys the last silo.
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "What is happening?! Ransom Keep? Come in!"
- Weapon: "We've got company, Chief. Well... More company."
The Chief approaches a salvage and repair facility.
- Weapon: "It looks like the Banished are tearing down and repairing vehicles here."
- John-117: "Not for long."
- Weapon: "Marking the repair bays. Let's do this."
The security barrier blocking the entrance to the first repair bay goes offline, triggering an alarm. Banished reinforcements arrive via drop pods and a Phantom.
Entering the repair facility, the Chief finds something very useful.
- Weapon: "Do you see that? One M808 Scorpion. In pretty good shape, too. Could be useful, if you like that kind of thing."
- John-117: "Oh, I like it."
The Chief uses his newly acquired Scorpion to demolish the enemy reinforcements outside. More Banished drop pods arrive, bringing additional enemy troops (potentially Special Operations Sangheili). The Chief makes short work of them as well.
After taking out the reinforcements outside the first repair facility, the Chief heads back inside and eliminates the remaining Banished troops within.
The Chief locates the controls for the repair bay, rips off the cover, and punches the exposed circuitry, taking the machinery offline.
- Weapon: "They're stripping UNSC hardware to repair... excavation equipment? Are the Banished digging for something?"
If Forge of Teash has been completed:
- Weapon: "Exactly like the other outpost... they're maintaining excavation equipment. Whatever they're digging for, it's definitely important."
If Excavation Site has been completed:
- Weapon: "Does this equipment look familiar to you, Chief? This outpost must be supporting the excavation efforts we saw at that dig site."
If both Forge of Teash and Excavation Site have been completed:
- Weapon: "Exactly like the other outpost. They're maintaining excavation equipment. Escharum must need some sort of Forerunner artifact. He's throwing a lot of resources at it."
More Banished reinforcements are deployed outside. The Chief deals with them, then heads to the second repair bay, where he clears out the Banished troops inside. He then destroys the controls, crippling the facility.
- Weapon: "Ransom Keep is officially offline. We did it, Chief! Well, you did it."
Mission is completed.
- Ransom Keep is the first side mission that becomes available in the Halo Infinite campaign.
- At the start of the mission, it is possible to use an M41 SPNKR or some other heavy weapon to destroy one of the silos from a distance before the Banished lower them into the ground.
- Audio logs (4): Banished Outpost Intel 09 - Unnatural Defenses, Banished Outpost Intel 10 - The Dream of Atriox, UNSC Outpost Intel 09 - To Andrew Valleros, UNSC Outpost Intel 10 - Making Ends Meet
- Spartan cores (1)