The Road (level)
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|“||Pursue the Pilot to the House of Reckoning.||”|
Reach the House of Reckoning
Halopedia doesn't currently have a walkthrough for this level; could you write one?
|“||Deep in Banished territory, Chief and the Weapon fight their way along a dangerous path in pursuit of the captured Pilot. The duo cut through scores of foes and arrive at last at the House of Reckoning — the site of the Chief's final confrontation with the Banished War Chief.||”|
Level begins immediately where the previous level ended.
The Chief exits the Repository.
- Weapon: "We made it. Now all we need to do is- wait. I'm picking up something on all Banished frequencies. That... that is not good."
- John-117: "What's wrong?"
- Weapon: "I know where he is... What this place is... This is where Chak 'Lok shipped his victims to. The House of Reckoning."
The Chief discovers a small Banished outpost nearby. There are a couple of imprisoned UNSC Marines being held here. There's also a captured M808 Scorpion tank here, along with other vehicles, including a Rocket Warthog, a Wraith, and a Brute Chopper. The Chief eliminates the Banished guarding the outpost and liberates the captives. He and the marines then take possession of the tank (or one of the other vehicles), and proceed down the road towards the House of Reckoning.
The Chief fights through heavy Banished resistance. Along the way, he finds and frees a couple more marines.
The Chief spots a massive tower-like fortress.
- Weapon: "I'm guessing that's it. The House of Reckoning. I was right. It really is a suitably ominous name. How do we get in there?"
- John-117: "We fight."
The Chief exits his vehicle and uses his Grappleshot to get over the gate blocking his path. After killing a Sangheili Warlord guarding the gatehouse, he finds the controls and lowers the gate. He then gets back in his vehicle and resumes his trek towards the House of Reckoning.
After fighting past more Banished troops and armor, the Chief arrives at the gate to the House. The gate lowers itself on its own, as if the Chief was being invited in. There are no additional Banished forces present outside the House. All that stands between the Chief and his destination is a chasm.
- Weapon: "The bridge is down. Looks like the controls are up on that platform."
The Chief uses the controls to extend the bridge.
The bridge extends itself.
- Weapon: "Okay. I guess we're expected."
Scene moves under the bridge, crosses back around, then pans upward to reveal the House of Reckoning in its entirety.
- Weapon: "What if it's a trap? I mean, it's a trap, right? It's definitely a trap. Are you even listening?"
- John-117: "Let's go."
- Weapon: "Ready when you are, Chief."
The Chief crosses the bridge and arrives at the base of the House of Reckoning. The front door is unlocked and he steps inside.
The following achievements can be unlocked on The Road across the all editions of Halo Infinite.
|File:HINF Achievement Reckoning.png||Reckoning||Stormed the House of Reckoning.|
|Bring Sheila Home Safely||Got the Scorpion all the way to the "House" without it blowing up.|