Tutorial (Halo Infinite)
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Halopedia doesn't currently have a walkthrough for this level; could you write one?
|“||Basic training for all Spartans.||”|
A Covenant Mikpramu-pattern Phantom flies through the dense cityscape of London at night during the Battle for Earth, with gray skyscrapers towering over the Palace of Westminster. A pair of Is'belox-pattern Banshees fly past. Cut to a view of the Phantom from the ground in an alleyway. A young Laurette Agryna runs past and hides around of the corner of a building, and the camera pans down to reveal a pair of Covenant Jiralhanae patrolling the alley. Laurette watches the Jiralhanae as they turn towards her; a Banshee simultaneously swoops into the alley, startling Laurette as it passes her. The camera focuses on Laurette's bee pendant as she turns to see another pair of Jiralhanae searching the alley next to her, with another Phantom above them. Turning around to see the entrance to an indoor stairwell, she dashes towards it, looking behind to check for pursuers.
- Spartan Commander Laurette Agryna: "Why are we here?"
- Spartan Recruit #1: "To fight."
- Spartan Recruit #2: "To win."
- Spartan Recruit #1: "To be a Spartan."
Cut to a young Laurette running through the streets of London. She takes cover behind a Fossa, before running towards the wreck of an M808 Scorpion which has been crushed by a fallen pylon. She trips and falls, as her bag falls in front of her and dangerously close to the view of a Erudo'ma'keth-pattern pulse carbine-wielding Jiralhanae Chieftain. The Jiralhanae doesn't notice as she drags her bag back behind cover, and Laurette peeks over the wreckage to see two other Jiralhanae accompanying their leader. Laurette clutches her bag before turning to retrace her steps, ducking under the fallen pylon.
- Laurette: "What is a Spartan?"
Laurette looks back at the unaware Jiralhanae in fear. She accidentally scrapes the pylon, making a metallic sound with attracts the Jiralhanae Captain's attention. The Captain turns around to give chase, and Laurette begins to run away before she is stopped by an SOEIV Drop Pod falling in front of her.
- Laurette: "A Spartan is a symbol..."
Laurette is startled and wanders backwards while bracing her bag. A Spartan wearing brown Mark VII MJOLNIR armor and equipped with an MA40 assault rifle steps out of the pod and examines their surroundings before reassuring Laurette with a nod.
- Laurette: "...Hope, where there is none."
The Spartan steps towards the pursuing Jiralhanae, who open fire on Laurette and the Spartan. The Spartan grabs Laurette and shields her, the shots from the Pulse Carbine hitting the MJOLNIR armor's energy shielding. When the Jiralhanae stop shooting, the Spartan peeks over their shoulder before stepping away to engage the Jiralhanae Captain in melee; the Jiralhanae misses a swing as Laurette takes the opportunity to run away.
- Laurette: "In times of darkness..."
Laurette runs along the street and watches as another drop pod lands beside her. She turns around as another Spartan steps out and immediately starts firing on the Jiralhanae with their MA40 assault rifle.
- Laurette: "...We are hope."
Laurette watches the combat in front of her. Two more Spartans have joined in, one fighting a Jiralhanae in melee, and another firing at a Jiralhanae who is throwing Anskum-pattern plasma grenade. Laurette notices this, and dives behind a road barrier next to her. The grenade explodes and knocks out Laurette just as she gets behind the barrier. Fade to black.
It is now sunrise. Laurette peeks out from behind the barrier, and sees that the four Spartans have killed the Jiralhanae. Two of the Spartans stand guard as a third helps the injured fourth to their feet. The frontmost Spartan notices Laurette and approaches her, reaching out their hand to help her to her feet, which she accepts.
- Laurette: "And together..."
The four Spartans and Laurette walk down the street into the sunlight. Laurette is clutching her bag.
- Laurette: "...Together, we are unstoppable!"
A shaken Laurette feels her bee pendant, and looks forward with newfound purpose. Smash cut to the present day, with Spartan Commander Laurette turning to face her recruits.
- Laurette: "Candidates, are you ready?"
- Spartan Recruits: (In unison) "Yes ma'am!"
- Laurette: "I can't hear you..."
In the past, Laurette continues to walk with the Spartans.
- Spartan Recruits: (In unison) "Ma'am, yes ma'am!"
In the present, the camera focuses on Laurette's chestplate, which is adorned with a stylised image of a bee.
- Laurette: "Again!"
- Spartan Recruits: (In unison) "Ma'am, yes ma'am!"
In the past, Laurette turns to look at the Spartans behind her, and smiles.
- Laurette: Good. Who's first?"
In the present, Laurette looks at her recruits and smirks.
Gameplay starts on a Pelican with a look tutorial. Where Laurette stands in front of the player, and they need to look up at her to proceed.
- Laurette: "Hey, easy there. A lot's happened. Laconia changed everything. We needed to regroup. Rebuild."
A fade to dark happens, then it appears again still on the Pelican with Laurette leaving the cockpit.
- Laurette: "You're going to need to say that again. They're missng? All of them?"
Laurette speaks to the player
- Marine: "We are coming up to the facility, Commander. No sign of trouble."
- Laurette: "Take us in."
Laurette speaks to the player
- Laurette: "We build this facility off the grid. To train the next generation of Spartans."
- Marine: "On the ground in three..."
- Laurette: "You've got this."
- Marine: "Two..."
- Laurette: "It's not gonna be easy."
- Marine: "One."
- Laurette: "But I believe in you."
The doors of the Pelican open and the Spartans leave.
- Marine: "Welcome to paradise. It's a beautiful day. Sunny skies. No sign of rain and just a small chance of being found a destroyed any second."
- Laurette: "What did I tell you about being funny?"
- Marine: "Keep doing it?"
- Laurette: "Correct."
Laurette then speaks to the player.
- Laurette: "You gonna stand there all day? Or are you gonna save humanity?"
Gameplay starts where the player can fully control the character
- Laurette: "Your orders are to report to the training area for drills and the live-fire exercise. The waypoints on your HUD will point you in the right direction. Move out."
If the player waits, the following is said in intervals. Repeating till the player enters the facility.
- Laurette: "I said "move out", Spartan. Now!"
- Marine: "I'd listen to the Commander if I were you."
- Marine: "Just through those doors."
When the player approaches the doors to the facility, they open. When they enter, the player is prompted to enter the AI Lab.
- Marine: "Report to the AI Lab for calibration."
The hallway has glass that shows marines working on M12 Warthogs and a marine typing on a computer. When the player approaches the AI Lab doors they open.
After the player enters the A.I. Lab, a new marine speaks
- Marine: "Modularly designed for customization, these non-volitional AI have guaranteed stability and can be altered to suit your every need."
The AI BUTLR appears in the center of the room.
- BUTLR: "Personal AI Designation BUTLR coming online. Greetings, Spartan. It would be my pleasure to serve at your side. I'm honored to work with you."
The player is prompted to collect the AI. And once the AI is installed, the AI displays they health and shields of the player.
- BUTLR: "Calibrating armor baselines. Spartan shielding recharged."
- Marine: "All armor systems reading green. Next your AI will complete additional motor diagnostics with you on the movement course."
The player is then prompted to deploy the AI on a pedestal.
If the player waits
- BUTLR: "If I may, I can provide the required access credentials to proceed."
When the player deploys the AI, the door opens.
- BUTLR: "Please, allow me."
As the player enters the next room, BUTLR explains what he will do during the course, the room itself is filled with lockers with names on them.
- BUTLR: "Projecting waypoints onto your HUD, Spartan. I shall continue calibrations as you progress though the course."
As the player melees a target during the course.
- BUTLR: "Well stuck."
As the player completes the course.
- BUTLR: "Motor diagnostics complete. Exceptional performance. Shall we rendezvous with the Commander at the weapon range?"
If the player waits.
- BUTLR: "Please feel free to fully avail yourself of all the movement course has to offer. We can go meet with the Commander when you're ready."
If the player deploys the AI at the start of the course. It starts a time-trail and the following dialogue.
- BUTLR: "Going for a better time? Your dedication is admirable Spartan."
Following the player entering the facility. If they player tries to enter go down a hallway with a closed door, they may trigger the following.
- BUTLR: "Apologies, but we lack the required clearance to access this area of the facility."
When the player goes down the stairs and into the armory.
- BUTLR: "Ah, the Armory. Refined weapons for refined tastes. Let's take this opportunity to arm ourselves."
A MA40 assault rifle is then marked on the HUD.
If the player waits.
- BUTLR: "Perhaps this will serve as a suitable weapon. I shall mark its location on your HUD."
Once the player picks up the MA40 assault rifle, they are prompted to deploy the AI at the training area door.
- BUTLR: "That will do nicely. Now; onward to the weapon range."
After the player deploys the AI, a small cutscene happens where Laurette talks about the players progress through the tutorial.
- Laurette: "Ah. He tells me you've performed well so far."
Laurette speaks to the marine.
- Laurette: "You're dismissed."
Laurette then speaks to the player again, and they walk to the range.
- Laurette: "Come. Now let's see if your marksmanship is just as sharp. We'll set you up with live rounds. Take your time. Get a good feel for our new ordinance. I'll be watching from the observation deck Let's begin."
If the player is on console, BUTLR says this dialogue and the player regains control of where they can look.
- BUTLR: "I shall update your crosshair color when your target is at optimal range for your weapon."
The player regains full control of the Spartan.
- Laurette: "Now show me what you can do."
The player is then prompted to kill three targets and once that is done.
- Laurette: "Let's try a different weapon."
A VK78 Commando is then placed in front of the player to use.
- Laurette: "Zoom with your weapon for better visibility on long-range targets."
Once the player takes out a target.
- Laurette: "Aim for the head when enemy shields are down. Shields recover quickly, so press your advantage while your enemy's vulnerable. Headshot these targets once you've dropped their shields."
Once the player takes out more targets.
- Laurette: "Take out those targets."
After the player takes out the targets with the VK78 Commando, their weapons are depleted of ammo, and the player is encouraged to use grenades.
- Laurette: "Nice work. Now for grenades. Grab some from that dispenser. Aim well and take out those targets."
Once the player takes out the targets
- Laurette: "Well done. Keep practicing and, when you're ready, meet us for the final exercise."
If the player waits.
- BUTLR: "The Commander has been gracious enough to prepare a final exercise for us. Shall we indulge her?"
If the player deploys the AI at the weapon range.
- BUTLR: "Perhaps a few more for good measure."
If the player returns to the armory, all the lockers are now open for the player to experiment with. If the player picks one up.
- BUTLR: "Trying something different, eh."
When the player proceeds to the training arena, the player is prompted to look around the map to learn about the items players can obtain during a Multiplayer match.
- Laurette: "Welcome to the Training Arena. Get to know the battlefield and our equipment before we begin the exercise."
If the player goes up to a weapon rack and picks up a weapon.
- BUTLR: "You can find new weapons inside these dispensers."
If the player picks up the equipment Overshield.
- BUTLR: "Now this device comes straight from ONI research. Quite potent indeed."
If the player picks up the power weapon M41 SPNKR.
- BUTLR: "These particular dispensers deploy powerful weapons. Rather exclusively I might add."
If a player finds the Drop wall equipment.
- BUTLR: "These contain specialized equipment that can give you the edge in combat."
If a player found all the above points of interest.
- BUTLR: "Congratulations. We have successfully surveyed all nearby points of interest. I suggest we find the Commander."
When the player talks to Laurette.
- Laurette: "Feeling oriented? Reay for something a little more real? Now that we've got you calibrated, it's time for the real test; the live-fire exercise. Ready up, Spartan. It's time to fight."
After the match Laurette talks to the player.
- Laurette: "You did good. Really good in fact. I knew I picked well."
A Pelican drops down and Laurette and the player walk towards it.
- Laurette: "I need to go. It's been confirmed that a portion of our forces are missing, Chief. The other Spartans. Gone. The state of this universe can shift at any moment. That's why we're needed; to endure. To ensure stability. To inspire hope. Hope when all is lost. What you began today is only the beginning."
A Pelican doors open and Laurette walks into it.
- Laurette: "Keep training. When I get back... and believe me, I will be back, we're gonna be busy. Humanity won't save itself, Spartan!"
The Pelican flies off leaving the player behind.
The following achievements can be unlocked on Tutorial across the all editions of Halo Infinite.
|Doing Your Part||Complete the Tutorial.|
|Just the Two of Us||Access your Personal AI.|
|Make a Little More Noise||Grab a power weapon from the Tutorial armory.|
|Greased Lightning||Complete the Movement Yard in under 25 seconds.|
The player's own Personal AI, rather than BUTLR, would be active during the live fire exercise.
- Axis Studios, Halo Infinite: "Focusing on the recollections of Spartan Commander Laurette Agryna, the trailer delves into her own heroic journey as a young girl caught in the crosshairs of a battle in the centre of London 2552 AD, her rescue by Spartans and her inspiration to become a Spartan herself." (Retrieved on Aug 31, 2021) [archive]