Avery J. Johnson Academy of Military Science
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
"WE'VE GOT A NEW CONTACT, UNKNOWN CLASSIFICATION!"This article may contain information based upon upcoming, unreleased, or recently-released content, and may not be fully complete. Additionally, the information may be subject to change if it is based on pre-release material. Please update it as soon as any relevant and accurate material is available.
|Avery J. Johnson Academy of Military Science|
The Avery J. Johnson Academy of Military Science (abbreviated AJJ or AJAMS) is a military academy hidden on a classified frontier world where members of the Spartan Operations train. It is posthumously named after the Insurrection and Human-Covenant War veteran Avery Johnson, a member of the SPARTAN-I program, who was killed in action during the Raid on Installation 08 in late 2552. During the Created conflict, it served as a rally point and staging area for surviving Spartans and other UNSC forces who escaped destruction at the hands of the Created after the destruction of Laconia Station. Keeping the facility's location a secret was considered important enough to revive Cole Protocol safeguards.
As part of the Spartan Training and Qualification Program, the academy has an outdoor training area at the base of mountains. This training area allows for live fire practice. Part of this training area includes Buildings 5, 7, 8 and 9 as well as Tower 187. The main building has an AI calibration lab, where Spartans can access their Personal AIs, and it is adjacent to the Movement Yard, where Spartans can practice their movement skills in an obstacle course. There is also an armory and a firing range, where personnel can run weapon drills.
- Spartan Commander Laurette Agryna - Trainer
- M. Brinkley - Range Master
- H. Roberts - UNSC Cybersecurity & Network Infrastructure
- S. Melvoin
Training ground for Spartans
After the end of the war, the academy would be named after the late Sergeant Major Avery Johnson. As a new recruit, Spartan-IV Hieu Dinh received his set of Mirage IIC armor at the ONI facility beneath the academy.
The academy was operating and training forces even in the midst of the Created occupation of parts of the galaxy in either late 2559 or early 2560. It is likely run—in some part—by the Spartan Training and Education department.
The Avery J. Johnson Academy of Military Science acts as the setting and framing device for the tutorial and matchmaking practice of the Halo Infinite multiplayer. It is also the setting for the map Live Fire in the game as well. The Forge canvas map Institute is set in the valley clearing adjacent to the academy.
SPARTAN-IVs training at the academy.
List of appearances
- Halo Infinite (First appearance)
- Halo Waypoint, Canon Fodder - Showcase Sensitive (Retrieved on Jun 16, 2021) [archive]
- Halo Waypoint, Canon Fodder - Legendary Endings (Retrieved on Dec 13, 2021) [archive]
- Halo Waypoint, Halo Infinite - Lone Wolves Intel (Retrieved on Nov 3, 2022) [local archive] [external archive]
- A New Generation
- Twitter, Halo (@Halo): "👥 CHARACTER DATABASE - AVERY J. JOHNSON
Folks need heroes to give ‘em hope, and that’s what the next generation of humanity’s finest are trained to become under the watchful eye of Spartan Commander Laurette Agryna. #FictionFriday" (Retrieved on Apr 2, 2023) [archive]
- Halo Infinite Multiplayer Overview
- Halo Infinite, Academy: Tutorial
- Halo Infinite, campaign level Tutorial
- Halo Waypoint, Halo Infinite - Echoes Within Intel (Retrieved on May 14, 2023) [local archive] [external archive]
- Halo Infinite, multiplayer map Live Fire
- Halo Infinite, Site Unseen: Unbound cinematic
- YouTube - HALO, Halo Infinite | Forge Fundamentals – Canvases & File Sharing (Retrieved on Oct 17, 2022)