From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|There is more information available on this subject at London on the English Wikipedia.|
The London skyline during the Battle for Earth.
European Union, Unified Earth Government
London is a city located in Britain. It was considered a major city on Earth.
- Heathrow Spaceport
- Houses of Parliament
- Luther Mann - After the glassing of Verent, family relocated to London.
- Laurette Agryna - A survivor of Battle of Earth in late 2552 who would become a SPARTAN-IV Commander
At some point prior to 2170, the Palace of Westminster was badly damaged in an act of domestic terrorism. The United Kingdom ceased to exist as a governing entity shortly thereafter (though the term still continued to be used for areas of its former governance). Pieces of the Houses of Parliament, as the palace was also known, were gathered and some were restored. The symbolic action of such a restoration was vital to the creation of the UEG, and was also seen by some as a cynical attempt to play on the twin vices of nostalgia and patriotism.
In the late twenty-fifth century, restored pieces of the original building were fashioned used to create a cavernous space where trials were held.
By the twenty-sixth century, London's skyline had come to be dominated by monolithic arcology-like megastructures. Though the Elizabeth Tower and the headquarters for Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs remained standing.
During the Battle for Earth in the final stages of the Human-Covenant War in late 2552, the Covenant attacked the city with Mikpramu-pattern Phantoms, Is'belox-pattern Banshees, and Jiralhanae patrolling several areas. While UNSC M808 Scorpions were deployed, they were soon left abandoned. Sometime after this, multiple Spartans were deployed into London via drop pods. A team of them successfully rescued a civilian from a group of Jiralhanae, with one of the Spartans being injured in the process.
In January of 2558, a trial for the smart AI known as Iona was held in a simulated environment modeled after this space. Later that year on October 28, Cortana and her Created sent two Guardians to enforce martial law on Earth, subjugating London in the process. London and the rest of Earth would remain under Cortana's control during the Created conflict.
London was one of the locations that Jake Courage's collection of photography from the Second Battle of Mombasa, titled 'Shooting a Hero', was displayed.
List of appearances
- Believe (First mentioned)
- Halo: Hunters in the Dark (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Saint's Testimony (Mentioned only)
- Halo Infinite
- ^ a b Halo Encyclopedia (2009 edition), Earth, p. 284-285, (2009); p. 296-297 (2011 edition)
- ^ Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, page 54
- ^ a b c d e f g Halo Infinite Multiplayer Season 1 Cinematic Intro
- ^ Halo: Hunters in the Dark, page 11-18 (Google Play edition)
- ^ a b c d e Halo: Saint's Testimony, page 7-8 (Google Play edition)
- ^ a b Xbox.com: Jake Courage (defunct, Archived)
- ^ Artstation, HALO INFINITE (Retrieved on Jun 4, 2022) [archive]
- ^ Axis Studios, Halo Infinite: "Focusing on the recollections of Spartan Commander Laurette Agryna, the trailer delves into her own heroic journey as a young girl caught in the crosshairs of a battle in the centre of London 2552 AD, her rescue by Spartans and her inspiration to become a Spartan herself." (Retrieved on Aug 31, 2021) [archive]
- ^ Halo 5: Guardians, campaign level Guardians
- ^ Halo: Fractures, Rossbach's World