From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|“||Reconstruct the Forerunner sequence at each of the four beacons to gain access to the Command Spire.||”|
Halopedia doesn't currently have a walkthrough for this level; could you write one?
The Sequence is the tenth campaign main mission in Halo Infinite, under the fifth campaign section "Reformation". It is a multi-stage mission, which features four Forerunner energy beacons as the main objective.
|“||The second Spire is discovered in lockdown, shuttered by the Harbinger in anticipation of Chief and the Weapon's arrival. Unable to break the security protocols on her own, the Weapon readies a plan to bypass the Spire's lockdown by utilizing data strands gathered from nearby Forerunner energy beacons. Chief and the Weapon gather these strands and gain access to the Spire, where they learn that their efforts have played right into the Harbinger's hand, opening the Ring's systems for her own uses.||”|
The Sequence is the last story mission before the point of no return. When the player begins Nexus, they will cross this point and won't be able to attempt side missions until they complete the main story.
- Pilot (COM): "Ready when you are, Chief."
The Chief boards Echo 216.
The Chief steps inside the Pelican.
- Pilot (COM): "Alright, let's move."
The Pelican begins to lift off. The Chief stands next to the troop bay's opening and stares outside while holding onto a side rail with one hand.
- Pilot (COM): "How long has it been since I met you? Six hours? Maybe seven. It's been... eventful. Six months on my own, surviving... barely. Seems like a dream now. This on the other hand... mostly feels like a nightmare. Mostly."
- Weapon: "Chief?"
The Chief opens his free hand, allowing the Weapon's avatar to materialize on it. For a moment, she just silently stares out the Pelican's door as they fly over the Ring. She glances at the Chief, then looks away, hesitant to ask her question. Finally, she looks up at him again and speaks.
- Weapon: (concerned) "Are you okay?"
The Chief turns and looks down at her.
- Weapon: "What you said back there. About Cortana. You let her down? I don't understand. Your mission was to-"
- John-117: "Destroy her."
- Weapon: "But you didn't. What happened?"
- John-117: "Halsey initialized you. I was suppose to deploy you."
- Weapon: "And you did. Right?"
- John-117: "Yes."
- Weapon: "So what happened?"
The Chief hesitates for a few seconds before answering.
- Weapon: (stunned) "He won?"
Scene slowly rotates around them.
- John-117: (looking away slightly) "Atriox beat me. Surgically. Precisely. Brutally. Next thing I remember I was being woken up in this Pelican."
- Weapon: (quietly) "You want to know who killed her? You need to know."
She places a hand to her chest.
- Weapon: "She was important to you. Very important."
- John-117: "She's..."
He trails off, clearly not comfortable talking about this.
- John-117: (changing subject) "This Ring. It's not like the others. There's something else here."
- Weapon: "And that's why I'm still here?"
The Chief doesn't reply. The Weapon's avatar disappears as the Pelican begins to descend.
- Pilot (COM): "Second Spire coming up. Where do I drop you off?"
The Chief turns to the troop bay's opening and prepares to disembark.
- John-117: "Close."
The Pelican reaches its destination.
- Pilot (COM): "Close it is. Call me when you're done, Chief."
The Chief jumps out of the Pelican and lands near the base of the Spire.
- Weapon: "Wow! Look at the Spire! It's so... new. Evolved. Different. Not like the last one."
- John-117: "And you're sure this is the one?"
- John-117: "Can you shut it down?"
- Weapon: "Hopefully. We just need to look for a door."
If the Chief stalls:
- Weapon: "Maybe the door is near the Spire."
The Chief starts searching for the Command Spire's entrance. It doesn't take long for him to find the door.
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "By order of Escharum! The Command Spire must be protected! Hold your ground! More forces are being deployed!"
If the Chief tries to access the door before dealing with the Banished guards:
- Weapon: "The Spire has to wait. Take care of those hostiles first."
After eliminating the Banished troops guarding the door, the Chief deploys the Weapon onto a nearby terminal.
- Weapon: "I'll get this open."
Smiling confidently, her back to the door, the Weapon raises her hand and snaps her fingers. The Chief approaches the door, his weapon pointed at it. When nothing happens, he lowers his weapon and turns to her.
- John-117: "Is there a problem?"
- Weapon: "I don't think so."
She turns to face the door directly and snaps her fingers three more times. The door remains locked. Defeated, the Weapon turns back to the Chief.
- Weapon: "Okay, there might be a problem. Something, and I think we know who, has modified the sequencing needed to access the Spires."
- John-117: "Plan B?"
- Weapon: "We're only at B? Seems higher."
There's a rumbling sound from nearby. They look up to see a beam of blue energy - just like the one they and the Pilot saw back at the ship graveyard - shoot out from a Forerunner structure residing on a cliff.
- Weapon: "Okay... plan B."
The Chief uploads her back into his armor.
- Weapon: "Those Beacons are part of a Ring-wide communications network. They can adapt to any frequency, any purpose. It's quite incredibly really. Get me inside and I should be able to use the pulse to reconstruct a pure version of the sequence."
- John-117: "Should?"
- Weapon: "I'm making this up as I go along."
- Jiralhanae Officer (loudspeaker): "The Command Spire must not fall! Deploy Banshees! Hunt him down! Wipe him from this Ring!"
A pair of Banished Banshees descend upon the Chief.
- Weapon: "You see that, Chief? What are they?"
- John-117: "Banshees."
The Chief destroys and/or hijacks the Banshees and moves on towards one of the Beacons.
- Pilot (COM): "Chief... I'm sorry about back there. I didn't want to run... but I-I... couldn't stay."
- John-117: "It's okay."
- Pilot (COM): "No, it's not okay. It was like I was back there, on the Infinity. Hiding. Trying to keep out of their way."
- Weapon: "What did you do? What was your purpose?"
- Pilot (COM): "Purpose?"
- Weapon: "Job."
- Pilot (COM): "I worked in Engineering. Civilian contractor. Well... volunteer. I just wanted to help. But I couldn't even do that!"
- Weapon: "It's over now."
- Pilot (COM): "Once I heard Chief was down... I knew we'd lost. I had to run. I had to. I found this Pelican and just went. I'm sorry. I never looked back. And then I was on my own."
- Weapon: "Not anymore."
- Pilot (COM): (exhales) "You don't know how good that feels."
The Chief approaches one of the Beacons.
- Weapon: "There we go. We need to get inside the Beacon. Let's find a way in."
The Chief eliminates all the Banished guarding the Beacon.
- Weapon: "Phew. Glad that's over."
The Chief uses a terminal to open the Beacon's door.
- Weapon: "That was easy."
The Chief enters the Beacon and, after a quick search, locates the chamber that houses the Beacon's Beam emitter. The room is bathed in a bright blue light from a continuous stream of data. He deploys the Weapon onto a terminal.
The Weapon stretches her arms in preparation.
- Weapon: "Okay, let's do this."
She reaches out with one hand and extracts some data.
- Weapon: (smiling) "You know, this might actually work."
She tries extracting more data.
- Weapon: (smile fades) "Or maybe not."
- John-117: "What is it?"
- Weapon: "I can't construct the sequence. Well, not all of it. I don't have enough data."
- John-117: "Then we get some more."
He retrieves the Weapon.
The Chief exits the first beacon.
- Pilot (COM): "You got family, Chief? Anyone special out there?"
- John-117: "No."
- Pilot (COM): "Then... why do you do this, again and again?"
- John-117: "It's all I know."
- Weapon: "What about you? Do you have anyone out there?"
- Pilot (COM): (subdued) "No... Not anymore."
- Weapon: "I'm sorry."
- Pilot (COM): "It's... it's just been so long since anyone's even asked me something like that. I..."
- Weapon: "It's gonna be okay. We're with the Master Chief. He'll make it okay. (to the Chief) Won't you?"
The Chief doesn't answer.
The Chief goes to another Beacon and clears out the Banished guarding it.
- Weapon: "They never stood a chance."
He unlocks the Beacon's door.
- Weapon: "Let's get this open."
The Chief enters the Beacon and locates the Beam emitter. As before, he deploys the Weapon onto the terminal.
- Weapon: "Let's see what we have here."
She pulls some more data from the surrounding data stream.
- Weapon: "Done."
She turns to the Chief.
- Weapon: "We're gonna need to get two more samples though. Sorry... I thought it would be easier."
She looks back at the data stream with an inquisitive expression.
- John-117: "It's fine. Are you okay?"
- Weapon: (uneasy) "I'm... it's nothing. I just felt like someone was... I don't know. Watching me."
Concerned, the Chief looks around the room. Seeing nothing, he retrieves the Weapon.
The Chief exits the Beacon.
- Weapon: "Still have some beacons left to find before the Forerunner sequence is complete. Which one's next?"
The Chief reaches the third Beacon and kills all the Banished around it.
- Weapon: "You made short work of them. All clear."
The Chief accesses to the door's terminal.
- Weapon: "Give me a second..."
The door unlocks.
- Weapon: "There we go."
The Chief enters the Beacon, finds the terminal for the Beam emitter and deploys the Weapon.
- Weapon: "This won't take long. Just one more to go, right?"
She starts pulling data.
- Weapon: (speaking slowly as she works) "This... will..."
She suddenly finds herself struggling to pull the last bit of data.
- Weapon: (voice strained) "...work!"
The piece of data she's trying to grab suddenly pulsates with an ominous yellow light. The Weapon drops onto her hands and knees.
- Weapon: (groans in pain)
The Chief steps forward, his weapon raised. He searches for whatever attacked the Weapon.
- John-117: "Status? Status?"
Finding nothing, he lowers his weapon.
- John-117: "What happened?"
- Weapon: (through labored breaths) "Chief... Something pushed back. Scanned me. It's gone now."
The Chief steps closer to her.
- John-117: "Are you sure?"
The Weapon gets back on her feet.
- Weapon: "Yeah. Probably some sort of security protocol. It's nothing. Let's go get the last one."
The Chief retrieves her.
The Chief exits the third Beacon.
- Pilot (COM): "Are you two okay? What happened in there?"
- Weapon: "I don't know. Something scanned me."
- Pilot (COM): "Some... thing?"
- Weapon: "Probably fine."
- Pilot (COM): "Probably?"
- Weapon: "Or not."
- Pilot (COM): (frustrated sigh) "Really?"
- Weapon: "Don't worry. We can handle it."
The Chief approaches the final Beacon.
- Weapon: "That data we've been gathering is... fascinating. But still incomplete. One more beacon and we can bust that Spire wide open."
The Chief defeats the Banished guarding the Beacon and unlocks the door.
- Weapon: "We did it!"
The Chief enters the Beacon.
- Weapon: "We actually did it! Not that I thought we wouldn't. It's just... it's nothing."
The Chief locates the Beacon's terminal and deploys the Weapon.
- Weapon: (beaming) "Last one."
She reaches out to extract some data, but suddenly pulls her hand back in alarm.
- Weapon: (horrified) "No, no, no! This... this is a trap. She's trying to find out what I am. Trying to use me to break the deadlock. Start the Spires. My routines plus the Monitor's... Not good."
The Chief contemplates their next move.
- John-117: "Then we stop. Stalemate."
- Weapon: "For now. She's close. Eventually she'll find a way."
- John-117: (pointedly) "Then we have no choice."
The Weapon gives him a reluctant look.
- John-117: "I've got you."
Hearing this, the Weapon smiles. She turns around and goes to work.
The Chief's VISR activates.
VISR . OS \> COUNTERMEASURE ONLINE ACTIVATED DELETION PROTOCOL ... VISR . OS \> ISOLATING AI REQUIRED PASS PHRASE
- John-117: (quietly) "Red flag."
RED FLAG ... ACCEPTED ... VISR . OS \> FAILSAFE PROTOCOL VISR . OS \> PASSCODE REQUEST REQUIRED PASSCODE
The VISR deactivates.
The Weapon finishes her work. She turns to the Chief.
- Weapon: (surprised) "Nothing happened." (she smiles) "Sorry. Maybe I'm going crazy. Or just paranoid." (smile vanishes) "Did you say something back there?"
The Chief takes a moment to respond.
- John-117: "It was nothing."
- Weapon: "Okay. Well we've got what we need."
The Chief retrieves her.
- Weapon: "Let's head back to the Spire. We should be able to bypass the security now."
The Chief exits the Beacon and returns to the Command Spire. Banished troops have refortified the entrance and retracted the bridge needed to reach the Spire. A pair of Mgalekgolo arrive via drop pods. The Chief eventually kills all the Banished, locates the bridge controls and extends the bridge. (Alternatively, he can just use a Banshee or Wasp to fly over to the Spire. The player can also just use Fast Travel.)
An Eklon'Dal Workshop Phantom arrives and deploys a strike team led by a Sangheili Ultra. The Banished troops make a last ditch effort to stop the Chief from entering the Command Spire, but he defeats them all.
- Weapon: "All clear. Nice work, Chief."
The Chief returns to the Command Spire's entrance and accesses the terminal for the door. This time the door unlocks and opens.
- Weapon: "It worked! Obviously. I never doubted it for a second. This structure under the Ring calls itself the Nexus."
- John-117: "The Harbinger?"
- Weapon: "She's here."
- John-117: "Good. Let's go say hello."
The Chief enters the structure.
The following achievements can be unlocked on The Sequence across the all editions of Halo Infinite.
|Light the Way||Reached the Beacons, assembled the Sequence, and gained access to the Command Spire.|
- Audio logs (4): Archaeological Findings 01 - Reintroduction, Archaeological Findings 02 - Assumptions, Archaeological Findings 03 - Xalanyn, Archaeological Findings 04 - A Curious Directive