Weaken enemy morale
|“||Per IMC, this armor's feral design is intended to weaken the opposition's morale.||”|
The helmet has a 930-AV4 Class-2 Ankara tactical assault suite. The helmet's design is considered "exotically feral". This makes the armor perceptibly imposing to those who encounter it, even for some elements within the Covenant.
Its chest-plating is full mesh ceramic with flow contours for dissipative shielding and other defensive countermeasures.
The Raider variant was developed by Imbrium Machine Complex. It was tested at Anakara Resiliency Chamber. IMC representatives claimed that the armor's feral appearance was designed to weaken the morale of opposing forces.
During the Battle of Reach, a Spartan team was sent to acquire and protect data relating to improving MJOLNIR armor, sending the data to a remote archival station. In 2557, four years later, the data that was sent to the archival station was found again, and was discovered to be information about the Raider armor.
Distort: While the helmet's design is considered "exotically feral" on its own, it is made even more when paired with the visible dissonance of the Distorted skin.
Even though the RAIDER helmets were crafted to be physically intimidating, their effectiveness is disputed. The RAIDER-class armor, however, has become the unofficial standard for Spartans assigned to military police duties.
Halo Waypoint Classified information
- Helmet description: The exotically feral design of the RAIDER-class helmet, particularly when paired with the visible dissonance of the Distort skin, makes the armor perceptibly imposing to those who encounter it, even for some elements within the Covenant.
- Shoulder description: RAIDER's shoulder-plating systems are standard, composite-folded shield negotiators with fused venting for reactive thrust application.
- Chest description: Its chest-plating is full mesh ceramic with flow contours for dissipative shielding and other defensive countermeasures.
Available skins: Distort (DSTT)
Default unlock: Obtained by inputting the classified codes on the Xbox 360 Halo Waypoint application.
Distort unlock: Obtained by inputting the classified codes on the Xbox 360 Halo Waypoint application.
- Description: Per IMC, this armor's feral design is intended to weaken the opposition's morale.
Halo 5: Guardians
Unlock: Legendary REQ card
- Helmet description: RAIDER helmets were crafted to be physically intimidating, though its effectiveness is disputed.
- Body description: RAIDER-class armor has become the unofficial standard for Spartans assigned to military police duties.
Behind the scenes
- Main article: Halo Waypoint Classified
The base version of the Raider's samurai-inspired aesthetic is similar to that of the HAYABUSA armor from Halo 3. The armor is acquired through Halo Waypoint after completing the first three chapters of Episode One of Spartan Ops and entering a series of hidden codes.
The "Distort" variant is also possible to unlock via Waypoint, although each piece has different requirements. Unlocking the shoulders requires completing the first 15 episodes of Spartan Ops on Legendary difficulty, as well as finding several glyphs on the maps and in Waypoint forum posts. The torso requires beating the campaign solo on Legendary, as well as finding glyphs in "Section 3" postings and forum posts. The helmet requires 1,000 completed War Games matches, as well as several glyphs hidden in the maps of the Crimson Map Pack and on forum posts.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
Halo 4 skins
Halo 5: Guardians skins
List of appearances