|There is more information available on this subject at Military police on the English Wikipedia.|
Military police (MPs) are concerned with security operations. Their duties include defending and policing military installations, providing security in order to ensure freedom of movement for other military units during combat operations, management of prisoners of war, controlling access to highly sensitive areas, and close personal protection of senior military officers. While MPs do not function as frontline combat troops, their duties regularly bring them into engagements with enemy forces.
Most branches of the UNSC Armed Forces maintain their own military police forces, including the UNSC Marine Corps, Army, Navy and the Spartans. The Office of Naval Intelligence's Beta-5 Division also has its own military police force.
The helmet used by the Beta-5 military police has also been adopted for use with the MJOLNIR armor, and is also used in conjunction with the UNSC Marine Corps and UNSC Army armor systems as the default enclosed helmet.
List of appearances
- Halo: The Fall of Reach (First appearance)
- Halo: Combat Evolved (Mentioned only)
- Halo: First Strike
- Halo: Reach (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Fall of Reach
- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (Mentioned only)
- Halo 5: Guardians (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Official Spartan Field Manual (Mentioned only)
- ^ a b Halo: The Fall of Reach, page 246
- ^ Halo: First Strike, page 100 ("No one kept the Security Committee for the UNSC waiting. A pair of MPs snapped to as he approached the set of double doors. They didn't salute, and their hands rested on their holstered sidearms. They stared straight ahead, but Wagner knew that if he twitched the wrong way he'd be shot first and questioned later.")
- ^ Halo: Official Spartan Field Manual, page 112 ("Spartan Tedra Grant. Background: UNSC Navy \\ Military Police.")
- ^ a b Halo 5: Guardians - Armory description
- ^ a b Halo: Reach, Armory