Based on requests of veteran Spartan-II and Spartan-III operatives, the UNSC Ordnance Commission considered reassessing a refined and upgraded suit of Mark IV(G). This led to the creation of the Indomitable variant, which is more specifically a recreation of the custom armor set worn by Jorge-052, member of NOBLE Team.
The Indomitable variant is a engineering and explosives ordnance disposal Mjolnir variant that was created to save lives and not take them. The armor notably features a thruster pack modeled after the Mark IV/LBE-A Field Case.
The Indomitable variant is a rare sight on the battlefield, and is usually a sign that the UNSC has authorized weapons of mass destruction. Its combat effectiveness is more luck than anything else.
Halo 5: Guardians
Unlock: Legendary Mythic REQ card
- Helmet description: The INDOMITABLE helmet is a rare sight on the battlefield, and is usually a sign the UNSC has authorized weapons of mass destruction.
- Body description: Created to save lives and not to take them, the INDOMITABLE is an engineering and explosives ordnance disposal Mjolnir variant. Its combat effectiveness is simply fortuitous.
Available skins: Erőd
Erőd Unlock: Legendary REQ card
- Internally, Indomitable armor began as "A094" when it was first conceived.
- The armor was added in the Memories of Reach update for Halo 5: Guardians.
- Erőd is an Hungarian word meaning "stronghold" or "fortress", referring to Reach's role as the most important headquarters for the UNSC (besides Earth) during the Human-Covenant War. Also, it makes reference to a quote said by Dr. Catherine Halsey, who refers to Reach as "[humanity's] fortress among the stars."
- The shoulder on the Erőd skin features the years 2362 and 2552, with 2362 being the year Reach was colonized, and 2552 the year of the planet's fall and glassing.
- The thruster pack on the Erőd skin has the phrase "Elérés túléli" written on it, which means "Reach will survive" in Hungarian.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
Renders of the Indomitable armor for Halo 5: Guardians
A Spartan-IV wearing Indomitable armor while using an M247H machine gun.
List of appearances
- Halo 5: Guardians (First appearance)