Zero gravity operations
|“||Used along Luna's skyhooks and tethers during the Covenant's assault on Sol.||”|
The helmet includes a Buffalo A-29 comm suite, which works flawlessly with the ad-hoc and anarchic telecommunication networks found in many colonies. Some models of the helmet have the "Mark of the Breaker" skull emblazoned on the visor.
Developed by the Naphtali Contractor Corporation, the Orbital variant was tested and was the first to survive the Buffalo Breaker Yards testing site. This granted some models of the helmet a distinct skull emblem, known as the "Mark of the Breaker", on the visor.
The suit is a modified variant following the same production lines as the EVA-class Mjolnir, though it was developed specifically for orbital and suborbital combat, where conditions similar to space often converge with harsh atmosphere and gravity-borne challenges.
It was also field-tested during the battles in the skyhooks and space elevators on Earth and Luna during the Battle of Earth. This test was a success, leading to the Orbital-class armor's adoption by Spartan-IVs.
Patrolling Spartans equipped with ORBITAL-class Mjolnir armor are a common sight near Earth's orbital tethers and military space stations.
Unlock: Spartan Rank 41
- Description: Used along Luna's Skyhooks and tethers during the Covenant's assault on Sol.
Available skins: AEON(Aeon) and SWFT(Swift)
- The AEON skin is available after you get the Covenant Destroyer - Master commendation.
- The SWFT skin is available after you enter the final Classified Code on Xbox 360's Waypoint
Halo 5: Guardians
Unlock: Uncommon REQ card
- Helmet Description: The Buffalo A-29 comm suite in the ORBITAL helmet works flawlessly with the ad-hoc and anarchic telecommunication networks found in many colonies.
- Body Description: Patrolling Spartans equipped with ORBITAL-class Mjolnir armor are a common sight near Earth's orbital tethers and military space stations.
Available skins: Aphelion, Equinox, and Perihelion
Aphelion Unlock: Ultra Rare REQ card
Equinox Unlock: Legendary REQ card
Perihelion Unlock: Rare REQ card
- The Orbital helmet's human skull painted onto the visor in Halo 4 is similar to Emile-A239's EVA [C] helmet.
- The skins in Halo 5: Guardians all refer to positions of planets in relation to the sun. Perihelion is closest, aphelion is farthest, and an equinox is when day and night are equal in length.
A Spartan-IV (right) wearing Orbital armor in Halo Mythos.
Halo 4 Skins
Halo 5: Guardians skins
The default skin on Halo Waypoint's armor customization for Halo 5: Guardians.
List of appearances
- ^ a b c d e f g h Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide - Page 159
- ^ Halo 4 - Armory description
- ^ a b Halo 5: Guardians - Armory description
- ^ Halo 4 Limited Edition, UNSC Infinity briefing packet
- ^ Halo 4 Interactive Guide - Armor Types: Orbital