|“||Dominant variant in the Materials Group's newest prototype security line.||”|
The helmet has an interlocking firm-plate visor that includes multiple sensor relays. The suit uses a oversized power fusion pack, also known as a narrow-set fusion harness, though production models throttle the output to standard levels. The pauldrons also have sealed Muroto charge pistons that enhance the operator's reactive stability, improving weapon use.
Following the Human-Covenant War, after the Materials Group dispersed a number of their existing contracts to other production companies, Materials internally spearheaded a new focus on defense-optimized systems. As such, the Protector variant was born, intending to be the first of a new line of "heavy" powered armor. However, procurement and design realities brought the PROTECTOR back to near-baseline standards. However, Protector still became the dominant variant in the Materials Group's newest prototype security line. Protector was a defining of classic security-centric GEN1 armor systems, tested at the Damascus Materials Testing Facility on Chi Ceti IV.
Protector-class armor was designed for combat superiority during defensive engagements, including anti-infiltration, and siege-resistant functionality. Where its heavy rated and offers incredible resiliency and resourcefulness for defensive stands, predominantly for population centers and urban environments. It is optimized for zone defensive positions and forward plane coverage.
The CHALLENGER-class Mjolnir is built on the frame of Protector, subjected to hundreds of additional tests and quality assurance checks, minimizing performance quirks that negatively impact competitive performance.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
- Description: Dominant variant in the Materials Group's newest prototype security line.
Available skins: DRFT(Drift)
- The DRFT skin is obtainable by completing the Weapon Mastery - Master commendation.
Halo 5: Guardians
Unlock: Rare REQ card
- Helmet Description: PROTECTOR armor uses an oversized power fusion pack, though production models throttle the output to standard levels.
- Body Description: Intended to be the first of a new line of "heavy" powered armor, procurement and design realities brought the PROTECTOR back to near-baseline standards.
PROTECTOR-class Mjolnir in Halo 4.
Protector armor on Halo Waypoint's armor customization for Halo 5: Guardians.
Protector in comparison to Challenger.
List of appearances
- ^ a b c d e f Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide , page 160
- ^ a b Halo 4 - Armory description
- ^ a b Halo 5: Guardians - Armory description
- ^ Halo 4 Interactive Guide - Armor Types: Protector
- ^ Halo 5: Guardians - Challenger Armory Description