Mark V BIOS
The Mark V BIOS is firmware, designed to be the first code run by the MJOLNIR Mark V armor when activated. The initial function of the BIOS is to identify, test, and initialize system devices such as the heads-up display, energy shield systems and other hardware.
The BIOS handles most of the MJOLNIR's software functions when initiated. Updates to the BIOS allow newer hardware to be supported and function. BIOS versions can be viewed though the Mark V's magnification system when no weapon is being held or no zoom-supported weapon is being held.
- SPARTAN III BIOS S56.7854.3354-DKW
- The binary code to the right of the Mark V BIOS translates to "DAVE", a reference to David Candland, Bungie's interface designer.
- In the Halo: Reach Multiplayer Beta, the Mark VI BIOS from Halo 3 was used as a placeholder for the Mark BIOS.
List of appearances
- Halo: Reach (First appearance)
- Halo: Reach, Heads-Up Display