Inertial compensation webbing
The helmet is designed around the practical needs and tactical challenges of dynamic, high-threat combat actuation within cluttered and complex aerospace kill boxes. The armor is laced with inertial compensation webbing so Spartans can survive the crushing combat acceleration of modern strikecraft.
Icarus is one of the several armor system prototypes from Meyer e.V., tailored for hunter-killer operations in built-up areas, such as space habitats and arcologies. Icarus is also the latest in a series of cutting-edge Mjolnir suits created for Spartan aerospace pilots.
- Helmet: Rare ICARUS helmets are designed around the practical needs and tactical challenges of dynamic, high-threat combat actuation within cluttered and complex aerospace kill boxes.
- Armor: Latest in a series of cutting-edge Mjolnir suits created for Spartan aerospace pilots, ICARUS cuirass' are laced with inertial compensation webbing so operators can survive the crushing combat acceleration of modern strikecraft.
Halo 5: Guardians
Unlock: Rare REQ card
- Armor: The ICARUS is one of several armor system prototypes from Meyer e.V. tailored for hunter-killer operations in built-up areas, such as space habitats and arcologies.
- The armor is named after Icarus, a character from Greek mythology.
- During the development of Halo 5: Guardians, the production of Icarus armor was outsourced to Berlin-based company Airborn Studios. Icarus is unique, as 343 Industries granted Airborn Studios to produce both concept and modeling for Icarus, unlike other armor that Airborn have modeled for Halo 5, where they were only permitted to model them. The people behind the armor are Johannes Figlhuber (concept), Boris Patschull, João Sapiro Josué (helmet), Josh Dina, Marco Leal, Aljona Bulgar, and Steffen Unger. Internally Icarus began as "A104" when it was first conceived.
- The armor was added in the Monitor's Bounty update for Halo 5: Guardians.
- The Icarus body armor was the only customization option that was banned from use in the Halo World Championship 2017 due to various audio and visual issues with said body armor piece; when the body armor is used, the stabilization jets make no noise when stabilizing mid-air, the player's ground pound wind up is noticeably very quiet, and that the player's secondary weapon would not be shown slung onto a player's back. However, using the helmet is still allowed.
Icarus in the Monitor's Bounty promotional image.
List of appearances
- Halo 5: Guardians (First appearance)
- Halo Waypoint - Cannon Fodder: Bounty Hunters
- Halo 5: Guardians - Armory description
- ArtStation: Airborn Studios
- ArtStation : Airborn Studios - Halo 5 Multiplayer Armor Icarus
- Halo Waypoint, News, Monitor's Bounty Preview
- YouTube - Halo 5 - Icarus Armor Glitch That Is Banned?!
- Halo Waypoint - Icarus Armor Update