|“||Produced by the Materials Group primarily for search-and-rescue outfits.||”|
The helmet is designed to sync/dock with an SV module called the "LCX-20V1 SinoViet sight-augmentation module" for extreme-range reconnaissance. It does not mitigate operability, and can be slid back into a passive mode above the user's parietal plate. The helmet also has a low-set, concave rebreather apparatus.
It was manufactured by the Materials Group and tested at the Damascus Testing Facility. Over several years Materials was balancing out the needs of personnel for search-and-rescue operations, appropriately fine-tuning individual components like the long-range sensors and large toolsets like armor-fixed rescue implements. It was designed for the facilitation of search-and-rescue strike teams protecting ONI personnel, as well as critical government and military personnel from capture by Insurrectionist forces.
The armor is widely recognized as the best Mjolnir suit available for high-value target and hostage recovery operations.
Unlock: Unlocked by purchasing the War Games Map Pass. It is also available in the Halo 4 Game of the Year Edition.
- Description: Produced by the Materials Group primarily for search-and-rescue outfits.
Halo 5: Guardians
Unlock: Ultra Rare REQ card
- Helmet description: The SCANNER helmet features a number of sensor capabilities and user-adjustable settings that are not yet compatible with standard VISR hardware.
- Body description: The SCANNER is widely recognized as the best Mjolnir suit available for high value target and hostage recovery operations, though it is technically classified as a search-and-rescue variant.
- In Halo 4, Scanner is one of four helmet-only armor sets alongside the Locus, Deadeye, and Strider helmets.
- It is an exclusive to both the Limited Edition and the stand-alone War Games Map Pass along with the Strider helmet and the in-game Falcon Emblem.
- Without the scope attachment, as shown in the concept art, the Scanner helmet would have bore a strong resemblance to the Mark V version of the Commando helmet, more so than the GEN2 version.
- In Halo 4's full body renders, and Halo: The Master Chief Collection, the Scanner's body armor is the same as the Recruit's body armor.
- In Halo 5: Guardians, the Scanner's body armor was instead shared with the Soldier armor.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
The Scanner helmet, worn by a SPARTAN-IV during a simulation on Escape from ARC.
Halo 4 skin
List of appearances