From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
MORRIGAN-class Mjolnir is a variant of the MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor.
The Morrigan helmet was developed based on sensors used by Jiralhanae Stalkers and recovered by Banished raiding parties—similarly to the STALKER-class Mjolnir. The upgrades are considered surprisingly intuitive and efficient by Spartan Operations personnel able to employ them. The helmet is capable of mounting a MOD-P CBRN module to maximize its endurance and efficacy in various atmospheric conditions, or to aid Spartans in tracking specific biochemical signatures.
The Morrigan helmet is manufactured by Naphtali Contractor Corporation. During the helmet's prototyping phase, it was tested by Spartan-II Frederic-104.
The Morrigan helmet, along with one attachment, is available for multiplayer Spartan armor customization on the Rakshasa armor core in Halo Infinite.
|Naphtali Contractor Corporation||MORRIGAN helmets use the latest reverse-engineered Jiralhanae stalker sensors captured from Banished raiders. The upgrades are welcomed by Spartan combat trackers, who find the alien systems surprisingly intuitive and highly efficient.||Rare||Season 02: Lone Wolves Alpha Pack Event Pass Level 4|
|Naphtali Contractor Corporation||Filter packs and air conditioning modules in the Morrigan can be swapped out to maximize their endurance and efficacy in specific atmospheric conditions, or to key in on specific biochemical traces.||Epic||Season 02: Lone Wolves Alpha Pack Event Pass Level 5|
The Morrigan helmet design is based on illustrations done by Gabriel Garza during the concept phases for Halo 5: Guardians. The images in question were done as part of concept explorations for the design of Frederic-104 and his CENTURION-class Mjolnir, though ultimately went unused. Frederic-104's involvement with the MORRIGAN prototypes is a likely reference to his concept art being the inspiration behind the MORRIGAN-class Mjolnir.
- Morrigan is a goddess of war and fate from Irish mythology.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
An early sketch by Isaac Hannaford depicting Fred-104 clad in Morrigan (far left) for the Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition).
A Spartan-IV wearing Morrigan in the Halo Infinite Season 02: Lone Wolves Intro Cinematic.
List of appearances
- Halo Infinite
- Season 02: Lone Wolves (First appearance)
- ^ a b c d Sigrid Eklund's field notes, Morrigan helmet
- ^ a b c d Halo Infinite, Armor Hall: Morrigan - Helmet Description "MORRIGAN helmets use the latest reverse-engineered Jiralhanae stalker sensors captured from Banished raiders. The upgrades are welcomed by Spartan combat trackers, who find the alien systems surprisingly intuitive and highly efficient."
- ^ Halo Infinite, Armor Hall: MOD-P - Helmet Attachment Description "Filter packs and air conditioning modules in the Morrigan can be swapped out to maximize their endurance and efficacy in specific atmospheric conditions, or to key in on specific biochemical traces."