Sigrid Eklund's field notes
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Eklund's Field Journal, also known as Sigrid Eklund's field notes is a journal that details Spartan-IV Sigrid Eklund's experiences while out on missions. Eklund has since given pages of her journal to a Spartan due to the Banished.
Sigrid Eklund's field notes on the Morrigan helmet cover how the Naphtali Contractor Corporation managed to reverse engineer Banished sensors for it, which Eklund speculates might be the same ones Jiralhanae Stalkers use. The notes also detail that Eklund gets asked often about the reliability of alien technology in the helmet, to which she explains that Frederic-104 actually tested the prototype.
UA/CMA SN5 Type 11
Spartan Eklund's field notes on the UA/CMA SN5 Type 11 shoulder pads detail how the shoulders were part of the Colonial Military Authority surplus, and how that sort of equipment was considered popular with the Venezian Militia. The notes also briefly go over history on the CMA, and how they were assigned to deal with pirates, marauders, and insurgents. Lastly, the notes explain that they were lightweight and durable, while questioning if they were actually sourced from Venezia, and to ignore the "tape job" on them.
Trapmaster's Map Device
Spartan Eklund's field notes on the Trapmaster's Map Device refers to the device's usefulness when a Spartan is going low-tech, saying the device is able to give all localized cartographic data. Eklund added that the Trapmasters's Map is able to give certain information the Motion tracker is not able to do. She also notes that the map has several display modes, variable range settings, and that it has saved her on more than one occasion. She admits she wishes it came in orange.
The field notes were part of a marketing promotion created by 343 Industries to promote Halo Infinite's then-upcoming multiplayer event Alpha Pack, which took place during Season 02: Lone Wolves. They consisted of a number of in-universe notes focused on the various pieces of canon armor and equipment available for players to unlock on the Rakshasa armor core during the event.
- Halo Waypoint, Canon Fodder #129: Eklund's Essemble (Retrieved on Jul 20, 2022) [archive]
- Twitter, Halo (@Halo): "Alpha Pack brings a free new event pass with additional cosmetics for your RAKSHASA armor core. Spartan Sigrid Eklund is passing on her field notes to you about some of these items, starting with the MORRIGAN helmet." (Retrieved on Jul 15, 2022) [archive]
- Instagram, MORRIGAN HELMET Field Notes (Retrieved on Jul 17, 2022) [archive]
- Twitter, Halo (@Halo): "Spartan Eklund's field notes contain some historic details about the UA/CMA SN5 TYPE II shoulders, which you can get for free in Alpha Pack. Take a look at her notes to learn more..." (Retrieved on Jul 17, 2022) [archive]
- Instagram, UA/CMA SN5 TYPE 11 Field Notes (Retrieved on Jul 17, 2022) [archive]
- Instagram, UA/CMA Trapmaster's Map Field Notes (Retrieved on Aug 17, 2022) [archive]