Defense of non-combat personnel/civilians
|“||Currently employed at research facilities on Trevelyan and Gamma Halo.||”|
The helmet has a neutral face-plate contours for activity in civilian populations. It also has a XV-3 modular comm tool that prevents localized compromise. The observation and communication features of the Defender helmet are well-suited for combat actuation in urban environments.
The chest has a 12-7R feed (shield predictor system), and is a class-4 DFN chest plate.
The MJOLNIR/Defender variant was manufactured by Imbrium Machine Complex. It was tested at Anakara Resiliency Chamber. It was developed in response to the UNSC Ordnance Commission which stated the need for defense-centric armor variants, which would be used for the protection of civilian populations rather than the assault of enemy strongholds. While following the strict ruling of the commission, the armor managed to be an effective combat system.
The Defender variant is generally used on controller bases, ONI sites, and colonial populations where civil unrest is common. The placid Defender faceplate is a symbol of both UNSC oppression and protection, due to use by Spartan anti-Insurrectionist units.
Close range weapons training is common practice for users who plan to use this variant.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
Unlock: Achieve Spartan Rank 24
- Description: Currently emplyed at research facilities on Trevelyan and Gamma Halo.
Available skins: CTRL(Control) and CLMN(Column)
- The CTRL skin is obtainable by completing the Bullet in the Brain commendation.
- The CLMN skin is obtainable by purchasing the Champions Bundle. This is not usable in Spartan Ops.
Halo 5: Guardians
This armor set in Halo 5: Guardians permanently has the following
Unlock: Rare REQ card
- Helmet Description: It has not escaped notice that the observation and communication features of the DEFENDER helmet are well-suited for combat actuation in urban environments.
- Body Description: The placid DEFENDER faceplate is a symbol of both UNSC oppression and protection, due to use by Spartan anti-Insurrectionist units.
Available skins: Castle, Fortress, and Redoubt
Castle Unlock: Rare REQ card
Fortress Unlock: Legendary REQ card
Redoubt Unlock: Ultra Rare REQ card
The skins in Halo 5: Guardians are all named after defensive structures.
Front and back views of the Defender armor in Halo 4.
The Defender armor in the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta.
Render of the Defender armor in Halo 5: Guardians.
Defender chest in Halo Online.
Halo 4 Skins
Halo 5: Guardians Skins
List of appearances
- ^ a b c d e f g h Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide - Page 150
- ^ a b Halo 5: Guardians - Armory description
- ^ a b Halo 4 - Armory description