SRS99-S5 AM sniper rifle
|SRS99-S5 AM sniper rifle|
63.5 inches (161 cm) 
8.7 inches (22 cm)
13.8 inches (35 cm)
15.6 kilograms (34 lb)
4-round box magazine
Gas-operated, magazine-fed 
~60 RPM (semi-auto)
2,300 meters (7,546 feet)[note 1]
The Sniper Rifle System 99-Series 5 Anti-Matériel (SRS99-S5 AM) is a gas-operated anti-materiél sniper rifle used by the United Nations Space Command.  The S5 model is designed and manufactured by Misriah Armory.
- 1 Design details
- 2 Variants
- 3 Gameplay
- 4 Advantages
- 5 Disadvantages
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Videos
- 9 List of appearances
- 10 Note
- 11 Sources
- Main article: SRS99 Series
The SRS99-S5 AM is a semi-automatic, gas-operated sniper rifle that fires 14.5×114mm M232 APFSDS rounds from a 4-round magazine. It is, alongside its primary Covenant counterpart, the Type-27 Special Application Sniper Rifle, the most accurate and arguably the most powerful small-arms weapon in either arsenal.
It is a successor to the S2 variants used throughout the Human-Covenant War by the UNSC Navy and Marine Corps. The S5 model incorporates many features seen on the older SRS99 rifle used in large numbers by the Army. The SRS99-S5 AM is intended for use by augmented personnel of the UNSC Defense Force. The sniper features a very strong carrying handle, standard weapon attachment rails, and a heavily ruggedized frame.
- End of the Line: The End of the Line features reduced recoil and a faster rate of fire, but has less stopping power than the base SRS99-S5.
- Arrow of Time: The Arrow of Time features an extended magazine and heavy-duty cyberlink that prevents descope. However, it does have more recoil than the standard SRS99-S5.
- Nornfang: Nornfang is the personal sniper rifle of Spartan-II Linda-058.
|See our gameplay information related to SRS99-S5 AM sniper rifle in its gameplay page|
The SRS99 series/Gameplay is designed to be used at medium to long ranges and is equipped with an electronic scope for precisely this purpose. It is tremendously useful in its designated role, considering its extraordinary range, which surpasses any other weapon of comparable size, and its incredible stopping power even against body armor and Covenant shielding system.
In multiplayer, the SRS99-S5 can be highly effective at close range in the hands of a skilled operator, as the highly damaging round is just as powerful at close range; a single round followed by a melee strike will kill a hostile almost instantly.
The rifle's projectile has a slight travel time at great distances, and requires practice to use effectively at range. When used in close quarters, its precision nature, slow reload time, small magazine capacity, heavy recoil, and slow rate-of-fire leave precious little room for error. A small combat load and the relative scarcity of ammunition available for the weapon also make it bad practice to expend ammunition on smaller, less threatening combatants, such as Grunts. Rounds fired by the SRS99-S5 leave a trail that could be traced back to the sniper's location.
Halo: Spartan Assault and Halo: Spartan Strike
- The weapon can be purchased exclusively for 500 XP or 500 Credits.
- The default loadout is 35 rounds.
- Can pierce all units in the line of fire except for allies, shielded units and metallic units (Promethean Crawlers, etc.)
- Can destroy Shade Turrets in two shots and deal heavy damage to Ghosts in one shot.
Changes from Sniper Rifle System 99 Anti-Matériel in Halo: Reach
- Spare ammunition reduced from 20 rounds to 16 (without ammo).
- Reticle bloom reduced marginally.
- Reloads slightly slower.
Changes from Halo 4 to Halo 5: Guardians
- Zoom reduced to 4× and 9×.
- While scoped in, the weapon's scope will glimmer bright white, giving away the user's position.
- Noticeably higher bullet magnetism, increasing ease of use.
- Anti-vehicle properties reduced.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
- The maximum range for the scope's rangefinder is 343 meters.
- The SRS99-S5 was used as a placeholder for the sniper rifle in Halo 2: Anniversary's multiplayer before being replaced by the SRS99C-S2 AMB sniper rifle.
HUD Icon of the Sniper Rifle on Longbow.
First-person view of the Sniper Rifle by John-117 in the Halo 4 campaign.
First-person view of the Sniper Rifle on the Halo 4 multiplayer map Longbow.
The SRS-99 S5 AM in Hunt the Truth.
The SRS99-S5 AM on Empire in the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta.
Smart Scope with the SRS99-S5 AM in the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta.
First-person view of the SRS99-S5 by Edward Buck in the Halo 5: Guardians campaign.
A Miner using an SRS99-S5 AM during the Battle of Meridian.
A Mark IV-clad Spartan-IV using End of the Line.
Linda-058 using an SRS99-S5 on the cover of Halo: Lone Wolf.
Halo 5: Guardians REQ cards
List of appearances
- Halo 4 (First appearance)
- Halo: Spartan Assault
- Halo: Initiation
- Halo: Escalation
- Hunt the Truth
- Halo: Spartan Strike
- Halo: The Fall of Reach - The Animated Series
- Halo 5: Guardians
- Halo Mythos
- Halo: Envoy
- Halo: Bad Blood
- Halo: Official Spartan Field Manual
- Halo: Lone Wolf