|There is more information available on this subject at Sniper rifle on the English Wikipedia.|
A sniper rifle is a crew served, man-portable, high precision-rifle used to ensure more accurate placement of bullets at longer ranges than with other small arms. A sniper rifle is built for infantry support and optimal levels of accuracy, being fitted with a telescopic sight and chambered for a military centerfire cartridge.
It is a common misconception that any scoped rifle is a sniper rifle. While certain long guns are more suited for the application than others, it is the act of using a scoped weapon strategically as a sniper-qualified specialist that designates it as such (i.e. camouflage, field craft, infiltration, special reconnaissance and observation, surveillance and target acquisition).
Sniper rifle may refer to the following:
- Sniper Rifle System 99 Anti-Matériel - Featured in Halo: Reach and Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.
- SRS99 99C-Series 2 Anti-Matériel - a variant in Series 2 of SRS-99. Featured in Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo Wars.
- SRS99 99C-Series 2 Anti-Matériel B - A variant of the SRS99C-S2 AM. Featured in Halo 2 and Halo 2: Anniversary.
- SRS99 99D-Series 2 Anti-Matériel - a variant in Series 2 of SRS-99. Featured in Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST.
- Sniper Rifle System 99-Series 5 Anti-Matériel - a variant in Series 5 of SRS-99. Featured in Halo 4, Halo: Spartan Assault, Halo: Spartan Strike, and Halo 5: Guardians.
Other sniper rifles
- M99 Special Application Scoped Rifle - A magnetic weapon colloquially known as the Stanchion. Featured in the Halo Graphic Novel, Halo: Contact Harvest, and Halo Wars 2.
- Hard sound rifle - A sonic weapon colloquially known as the Buzzer, used by ONI assassins. Featured in i love bees.
- Type-27 Special Application Sniper Rifle - A Covenant analogue of human sniper rifles; more commonly known as the Beam Rifle. Featured in Halo 4, Halo 2: Anniversary and Halo 5: Guardians.
- Type-50 Sniper Rifle System - A Covenant sniper rifle; more commonly known as the Particle Beam Rifle. Featured in Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo Wars, and Halo 3: ODST and Halo 5: Guardians' '.
- Type-52 Special Applications Rifle - Another Covenant sniper rifle analogue; more commonly known as the Focus Rifle. Featured in Halo: Reach and Halo: Spartan Assault.
- Z-750 Special Application Sniper Rifle - Used by Forerunner Promethean Knight units encountered on Requiem. Better known as the Binary Rifle. Featured in Halo 4, Halo: Spartan Strike and Halo 5: Guardians.
- This is a disambiguation page — a navigational aid which lists other pages that might otherwise share the same title. If an article link referred you here, you might want to go back and fix it to point directly to the intended page.