Sniper rifle (disambiguation)
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|There is more information available on this subject at Sniper rifle (disambiguation) on the English Wikipedia.|
A sniper rifle is a crew served, man-portable, high precision-rifle used to ensure more accurate placement of bullets at longer ranges than with other small arms. A sniper rifle is built for infantry support and optimal levels of accuracy, being fitted with a telescopic sight and chambered for a military centerfire cartridge.
It is a common misconception that any scoped rifle is a sniper rifle. While certain long guns are more suited for the application than others, it is the act of using a scoped weapon strategically as a sniper-qualified specialist that designates it as such (i.e. camouflage, field craft, infiltration, special reconnaissance and observation, surveillance and target acquisition).
Sniper rifle may refer to the following:
- Sniper Rifle - A power weapon first introduced in Halo: Combat Evolved.
- Sniper rifle (weapon class) - A classification of weapon in Halo Infinite.
Universe and lore
- Main article: SRS99 series
- Sniper Rifle System 99 Anti-Matériel - Featured in Halo: Reach, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary and Halo 2: Anniversary.
- SRS99C-Series 2 Anti-Matériel - A variant in Series 2 of the SRS-99 series. Featured in Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2.
- SRS99D-Series 2 Anti-Matériel - A variant in Series 2 of SRS-99. Featured in Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST.
- SRS99-Series 5 Anti-Matériel - A variant in Series 5 of SRS-99. Featured in Halo 4, Halo: Spartan Assault, Halo: Spartan Strike, and Halo 5: Guardians.
- SRS99-Series 7 Anti-Matériel - A variant in Series 7 of SRS-99. Featured in Halo Infinite.
Other sniper rifles
- Hard sound rifle - A sonic weapon colloquially known as the Buzzer, used by ONI assassins. Featured in i love bees.
- M99 Special Application Scoped Rifle - A magnetic weapon colloquially known as the Stanchion. Featured in the Halo Graphic Novel, Halo: Contact Harvest, and Halo Wars 2.
- Signature-suppressed anti-materiel rifle - Another sniper rifle, wielded by sniper units in Halo Wars 2.
- Unidentified sniper rifle - An as-of-yet unidentified sniper rifle that was used by an Insurrectionist group on Harvest and Arcadia in 2531. Featured as the weapon wielded by rebel sniper units in Halo Wars' multiplayer.
- Type-27 Special Application Sniper Rifle - A Covenant analogue of human sniper rifles; more commonly known as the Beam Rifle. Featured in Halo 4, Halo 2: Anniversary and Halo 5: Guardians.
- Type-50 Sniper Rifle System - A Covenant sniper rifle; more commonly known as the Particle Beam Rifle. Featured in Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo Wars, and Halo 3: ODST and Halo 5: Guardians' '.
- Type-52 Special Applications Rifle - Another Covenant sniper rifle analogue; more commonly known as the Focus Rifle. Featured in Halo: Reach and Halo: Spartan Assault.
- Z-750 Special Application Sniper Rifle - Used by Forerunner Promethean Knight units encountered on Requiem. Better known as the Binary Rifle. Featured in Halo 4, Halo: Spartan Strike and Halo 5: Guardians.
This is a disambiguation page — a navigational aid which lists other pages that might otherwise share the same or a similar title. If an article link referred you here, you might want to go back and fix it to point directly to the intended page.