SRS99-S7 AM sniper rifle
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|SRS99-S7 AM sniper rifle|
63.5 inches (161 cm)
4-round detachable box magazine
|“||The Series 7 is the latest entry in the Sniper Rifle System 99 (SRS99) family of weapons. It has a limited magazine capacity, but is utterly deadly even against energy shielded heavy infantry if fired accurately. Take careful aim, and don't waste shots on Grunts or other soft targets.||”|
The Sniper Rifle System 99-Series 7 Anti-Matériel (SRS99-S7 AM), also named the S7 Sniper, is a gas-operated anti-materiél sniper rifle used by the United Nations Space Command, part of the widely-used SRS99 series of weapons manufactured by Misriah Armory.
- Main article: SRS99 series
The SRS99-S7 AM is a semi-automatic, gas-operated sniper rifle that fires 14.5×114mm rounds. The mounted optic is capable of 5× and 10× magnification. In appearance, the SRS99-S7 AM bears great similarity to the SRS99-S5 AM sniper rifle, with the scope being similar to the one used by the SRS99-AM sniper rifle. The weapon's exterior has a Code 128 barcode, which when scanned translates to S7 Sniper.
The S7 is considered the culmination of decades of development and field testing during the Insurrection and Covenant war; subsequently, it was prioritized for integration into the UNSC Infinity's armament as the standard sniper rifle solution for all active deployments. By 2560, the S7 was employed by UNSC Armed Forces personnel during the Battle for Zeta Halo.
- S7 Flexfire Sniper: An experimental and modified variant of the sniper rifle that has an increased rate of fire, a larger magazine size of 10, and greatly increased ammo reserve. However this variant is not pinpoint accurate and only has one zoom setting, making it ineffective at long ranges.
- Main article: S7 Sniper
|“||The S7 Sniper is a long-range precision rifle with two zoom distances. Headshots kill most targets instantly.||”|
The Sniper Rifle is a precision power weapon, which fires highly damaging projectiles at near instantaneous speeds. It features two levels of zoom, and a magazine of 4 rounds. This makes it a powerhouse at long ranges, capable of killing most enemies, including enemy players in multiplayer, with one headshot, and outranging other weapons like the Battle Rifle significantly. To compensate for its power, it is a relatively rare weapon, and ammo for it is difficult to find.
Non-canon and dubious canon appearances
- Main article: Silver Timeline
During the development, S7 Sniper's designation is printed on the weapon's body underneath the carry handle. In final release, this was replaced by Misriah Armory's logo, and the designation is printed on the body near the charging handle instead.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
A Spartan holding the S7 in Alert carry.
List of appearances
- Halo Infinite (First appearance)
- Halo: The Television Series
- Halo: The Rubicon Protocol
- Battle for the Blood-Moon
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 170
- Halo Infinite, Forge - S7 Sniper Rifle description: "The Series 7 is the latest entry in the Sniper Rifle System 99 (SRS99) family of weapons. It has a limited magazine capacity, but is utterly deadly even against energy shielded heavy infantry if fired accurately. Take careful aim, and don't waste shots on Grunts or other soft targets."
- Halo Infinite, gameplay
- Halo Support, Halo Infinite Weapon, Equipment, and Vehicle Inventory: "S7 Sniper Rifle. High damage sniper rifle which excels at dispatching tough opponents via head shots." (Retrieved on May 5, 2023) [archive]
- Halo Infinite, In-game weapon model
- Halo Infinite, Forge - S7 Flexfire Sniper description: "Experimental high-capacity S7 Sniper rifle, designed for a focus on mid-range encounters."
- Halo: The Series, Dr. Catherine Halsey's Computer (Retrieved on Mar 25, 2022) [local archive] [external archive]
- Halo Waypoint, Inside Infinite - December 2020 (Retrieved on Dec 9, 2020) [archive]