|There is more information available on this subject at Assault rifle on the English Wikipedia.|
An assault rifle is a selective-fire firearm using a projectile with a muzzle energy in between those of a full-sized rifle and a smaller submachine-gun or a pistol. Assault rifles are categorized in between battle rifles, which fire a full-sized rifle cartridge, and submachine guns, which fire a pistol cartridge rather than a rifle cartridge.
Assault rifle may refer to the following:
- MA1 Individual Combat Weapon System - The earliest known model in the MA assault rifle series.
- MA2B Individual Combat Weapon System - The second known model in the MA series. Functionally similar to the later MA5B. Rarely used by Special Forces operators.
- MA3A Individual Combat Weapon System - Retired from service. Common on the black market and among insurrectionist groups.
- MA37 Individual Combat Weapon System - Introduced in 2437 and known as the MA5 by the UNSC Marine Corps and Navy. Functionally similar to the MA5C. In service with the UNSC Army as late as the Fall of Reach. Featured in Halo: Reach and Halo Wars 2.
- MA5B Individual Combat Weapon System - The standard UNSC Marine Corps and Navy armament throughout most of the Human-Covenant War. Featured in Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo Wars.
- MA5C Individual Combat Weapon System - A successor to the MA5B in service as early as 2535. Featured in Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST.
- MA5D Individual Combat Weapon System - Post-war successor to the MA5C in service as early as 2525. In service with the UNSC, Insurrectionists, and private corporations security forces. Featured in Halo 4 and Halo 5: Guardians.
- MA5K Carbine - Carbine variant, utilized by SPARTAN-IIIs and other Special Forces units.
- This is a disambiguation page — a navigational aid which lists other pages that might otherwise share the same title. If an article link referred you here, you might want to go back and fix it to point directly to the intended page.