BR85 battle rifle
|BR85 battle rifle|
Bullpup battle rifle
9.5×40mm M634 X-HP-SAP
36-round box magazine
950 meters (3,117 feet)[note 1]
- 1 History
- 2 Design
- 3 Variants
- 4 Gameplay
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 List of appearances
- 8 Notes
- 9 Sources
The BR85 entered service as early as 2525, but manufacturing concerns and logistical issues involved with its ammunition meant the BR85 was not widely adopted until after the Human-Covenant War ended. Prior to March 2557 several BR85Ns were delivered to Argent Moon. By October 2558 the UNSC Infinity carried a large supply of BR85Ns. At the same time Liang-Dortmund Corporation security forces stationed on Meridian carried a large supply of BR85Ns. Numerous BR85Ns were transported unintentionally to Genesis when Cortana began to recall the Guardians there.
The BR85 Service Rifle is a gas-operated, magazine-fed battle rifle. A select-fire weapon, the BR85 is capable of firing three-round bursts and fully automatic fire. The BR85 is effective against most Covenant battle armor and the energy shielding of Sangheili harnesses and the plating of Promethean Soldiers; it also proves effective against the shields and plating of GEN2 MJOLNIR armor during War Games exercises. The BR85 can be fitted with a variety of scopes and receives a 36-round detachable box magazine.
BR85N Service Rifle
- Morph BR85N: Battle Rifle with Morph sight. Work continues on analyzing "resonance" exhibited by the Morph sight with certain weapons
- Classic BR85N: Battle Rifle with Classic sight. Tactical configuration fitted with rugged combat optics preferred by veteran Spartans.
- Longshot BR85N: Battle Rifle with Longshot sight. Marksman configuration preferred by many Requiem veterans.
- Sentinel BR85N: Battle Rifle with Sentinel sight. Delta-Six special forces configuration with variable-zoom 4×/6× optics; optimized for long-range, pinpoint lethality.
- Hybrid BR85N: Battle Rifle with Hybrid sight. Sangheili Carbine holoscope technology merged with human industrial methods. This is a Joint Task Force Sierra configuration undergoing evaluation by the UNSC Ordnance Commission.
- COG BR85N: Battle Rifle with COG sight. Army SPECWARCOM configuration currently undergoing final evaluation.
- Long barrel: Increases range of bullet magnetism and aim assist.
- Laser targeter: Increases weapon accuracy by reducing bullet spread.
- Silencer: Firing the weapon does not make the user show up on enemy radar. However, walking still gives away the user's position.
- Stabilization jets: Helps control vertical recoil.
- Kinetic bolts: Augments knockback and damage against vehicles.
- Energy bayonet: Increases melee damage and range, allowing for a one-hit kill against normal opponents.
- Knight blade: Increases melee effectiveness, with extra damage and knockback against vehicles.
- Extended magazine: Increases both ready and reserve ammunition capacity by 50%.
- Threat marker: Tracks targeted enemy personnel for a short time.
- Sound dampener: Increases effective range and reduces firing signature.
BR85 Heavy Barrel Service Rifle
- Main article: BR85HB battle rifle
A heavy-barreled version of the BR85 featuring a telescopic scope.
|See our gameplay information related to BR85 battle rifle in its gameplay page|
Changes from BR85HB in Halo 4
- More open sight picture due to new open-topped reflex sight replacing the smart-linked telescopic sight.
- Accuracy increased.
- Shorter time between bursts and faster cyclic fire rate.
- Slower burst fire rate.
- Random spread added.
- Random spread is taken out in favor of added recoil.
- Slightly slower burst fire rate.
- The weapon has been pulled closer to the player's face, decreasing the open picture originally present.
- Has less aim assist.
- Ironically, as with the M392 and M395 DMRs erroneously ejecting the signature shell casings of the Battle Rifle, the BR85N in Halo 5: Guardians now erroneously ejects what appear to be the M118 7.62×51mm shell casings of the DMR.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
Concept art of the BR85N customization in Halo 5: Guardians.
A render of the BR85N SR from the pre-Beta development stage of Halo 5: Guardians.
The BR85N in the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta on Regret.
First-person view of the BR85N by Fred-104 in the Halo 5: Guardians campaign.
First-person view of the BR85N on Riptide in Halo 5: Guardians.
Halo 5: Guardians skins
Halo 5: Guardians variants
List of appearances
- Halo 5: Guardians (First appearance)
- Halo Mythos
- Halo: Retribution
- Halo: Legacy of Onyx
- Halo: Official Spartan Field Manual