BR85 battle rifle/Gameplay
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
- Jameson Locke spawns with a BR85N as his preferred primary starting weapon.
- In the campaign, BR85N ammunition can be found in the missions Blue Team, Glassed, Unconfirmed, Evacuation, Genesis, and Guardians.
- The BR85N is the all around go to weapon when facing Covenant and Promethean forces, as it can effectively take down Grunts, Jackals, and Promethean Crawlers with one well placed three shot burst to the head (torso shots require about two to four bursts to kill).
- The BR85N is a four-shot kill, as with previous Battle Rifles.
- The BR85N outperforms the M6H2 at long range but is inferior to the M395B DMR.
- Compared to the BR85HB from Halo 4, the BR85N is more accurate and has a faster rate of fire. In addition, its default built-in Recon sight allows for more open sight picture, allowing players to see enemies from afar better.
- It has a slightly higher rate of fire than the BR55, although both weapons have similar effective ranges and the BR55 has much less vertical recoil.
- In Arena, the BR85N is a common weapon, prominently featured in SWAT. On standard Slayer matches, it is found across virtually all standard maps.
- Warzone and Arena feature multiple attachments for the BR85N:
- Long Barrel, which improves the BR85N's red reticle range, bullet magnetism, and aim assist.
- Laser Targeter, which reduces bullet spread for better accuracy. Players having problems with accuracy should consider grabbing a BR85N with this attachment.
- Silencer, which allows for stealth kills.
- Stabilization Jets, which allow for more accurate shots by reducing vertical recoil.
- Kinetic Bolts, which deal extra damage against vehicles, useful for players who cannot requisition or find a powerful anti-vehicle weapon.
- Energy Bayonet and Knight Blade, both ideal for close range engagements. The latter provides even more damage against vehicles.