Weapon attachments are devices that can be attached to a firearm, typically on a railing or barrel to increase its functional use.
Some of these attachments include:
- Iron sight
- Telescopic sight
- Laser aiming module
- M301 grenade launcher
- Underslung shotgun
- Muzzle brake
Human loadout weapons featured in the Warzone simulation allow for a variety of common attachments that can be swapped between the different weapons including the assault rifle, battle rifle, magnum, SMG, and DMR.
These attachments and their functions are as follows:
- Long barrel - Increases effective range
- Laser targeter - Increases weapon accuracy
- Silencer - Reduces visibility on enemy Motion Trackers when firing.
- Sound Dampener - Increases effective range and reduces firing signature.
- Stabilization jets - Helps control recoil.
- Kinetic bolts - Augment knockback and damage against vehicles.
- Energy bayonet - Increases melee damage and range.
- Knight blade - Increases melee effectiveness, melee damage, and knockback against vehicles.
- Extended mag - Increases ready and reserve ammo capacity.
- Threat marker - Tracks targeted enemy personnel for a short time.
- Projection sight - Effective at short to medium range.
- CQB sight - Best suited for close-quarters combat while leveraging Smart-Link.
- Recon sight - Can excel at any engagement range.
- Classic sight - Rugged combat optics preferred by veteran Spartans.
- Longshot sight - Marksman configuration preferred by many Requiem veterans.
- Sentinel sight - Configuration with variable-zoom 4×/6× optics; optimized for long-range, pinpoint lethality.
- Hybrid sight - Covenant holographic sight
The telescopic sight is used to fire at long ranges with increased accuracy.
The torch or flashlight, located under the barrel and in front of the grip, is used as a light for Marines to see in dark environments.
A muzzle brake on an SRS99D.