From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
The Damage Boost is a power-up enhancement featured in Halo 4 and Halo 5: Guardians. It lasts for 30 seconds and increases the damage per shot of the player's weapons by 100%. This includes vehicle-mounted weapons. While in use, the player is awarded a visual effect which gives off a red full-body glowing effect and leaves a trail as the player moves. This effect also appears on the player's HUD.
In Halo 4 Damage Boost is typically earned in Infinity Slayer games through ordnance drops. It is also earned and automatically equipped in Regicide for surviving as king for 60 seconds. In Halo 5: Guardians damage boosts are commonly used in Warzone.
- Lowers the player's field of view when in use.
- Darkens the player's screen.
- Increases the player's damage by 100%.
- Various explosive weapons have their non-lethal and lethal blast radiuses upped.
Changes from Halo 4 to Halo 5: Guardians
- The player's field of view remains the same.
- The player's screen is no longer darkened, past a brief visual shift upon picking up the damage boost.
- The player is engulfed in a red-orange, fiery glow, compared to Halo 4's muted, overshield-esque effect.
- Damage properties are altered.
Halo 5: Guardians REQ cards
List of appearances