From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|This article does not meet the wiki's general standards and/or standards on layouts. You can help by this article.|
Single use (10 seconds)
Invincibility is an equipment item used by Covenant Jiralhanae forces. It provides a temporary boost to the user's energy shield system, giving the user a brief period of invulnerability lasting for about 10 seconds. It is used almost exclusively by Jiralhanae Chieftains.
Invincibility generators are used almost exclusively by Jiralhanae Chieftains, specifically ones that wield gravity hammers. When their energy shields are depleted, or they are surrounded by many enemies, Chieftains will typically activate their invincibility and execute a berserk charge at the nearest enemy. In this state, their shields are augmented and will deflect any damage from firearms or explosives.
It has a similar appearance to the Cloaking equipment, except that it glows a gold color, rather than a cool blue color. Its symbol on the HUD is two overlapping, intersecting ovals with a dot at the center.
The way the Invincibility works is by making a hyper-excited electron layer, basically sending plasma-armor into overdrive. The nearly solid electromagnetic layer acts to almost instantly stop, or reverse the trajectory of, anything that comes in contact with it. This means that, while invincible, the subject is virtually immune to all kinds of projectiles and explosives.
- Players or NPCs who have activated the Invincibility equipment can still be killed by assassination, get smashed by falling objects, getting splattered, or fall to their death from a great height.
- It only lasts for about 10 seconds, so it should only be used as a last resort, or when entering a particularly difficult part of a level.
- It is still visible even with the aid of cloaking or active camouflage.
- The Invincibility symbol resembles a Helium atom. This may be because the power that is exerted by this equipment can be compared to that of an atom, (or sub-atomic and elementary particle) when disintegrated, 'split', or charged.
- If you make the Arbiter an enemy by knocking him out/killing allies, and use the Invincibility, he can still kill you with one shot with whatever weapon he is holding. Strangely, blue sparks will fly out of your corpse, like when you disable a vehicle with a Power Drain or overcharged Plasma Pistol shot.
- In Halo 3: ODST, Invincibility makes Chieftains glow an aquamarine color, instead of the original white. This is because Brute's armor glows white when shot in Halo 3: ODST, so Bungie changed the color, so players could clearly see when a Chieftain activated invincibility.
- Also in Halo 3: ODST, Chieftains tend to activate their Invincibility the moment any heavy weapon hits them, thus negating or toning down its effect.
- The Invincibility is not available in Halo 3: ODST or outside Halo 3 's Campaign. That said, game code for the Invincibility is present in the multiplayer map Cold Storage, which means that modders can utilize them.
- Brute Chieftains who have activated their Invincibility can still be assassinated and splattered.
- Invincibility is a reworked version of the Overshield seen in Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2, but does not run out like the Overshield.
A Jiralhanae Chieftain with an activated Invincibility in Halo 3: ODST.
List of appearances