Hannibal Weapon Systems
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|Hannibal Weapon Systems|
|Chronological and political information|
- "Power unleashed in the face of adversity"
- — Hannibal Weapon Systems's motto
Hannibal Weapon Systems (HWS) is a human ordnance and matériel manufacturer founded by Jack Hannibal and based out of the Pori region of New Carthage. Its primary research and development, manufacturing, and testing sites are located in the industrial township of Kotka, while its corporate headquarters is in the city of Pilvros. The corporation often manufactures hardware for the United Nations Space Command, specializing in security technology development, small arms, and recently MJOLNIR armor.
In 2474, the Hannibal family settled on thirty acres within New Carthage's Pori region. This land would eventually become the city of Pilvros, named after Jack Pilvros Hannibal. By 2505, the family had constructed a building—later becoming Hannibal HQ—over the site of a strange meteor and buried Forerunner structure. Six years later, Jack Hannibal had produced the first small-scale quantum photonic amplifier for SATCOM relays, revolutionizing the speed and integrity of extraplanet communications. Hannibal was hailed as a genius and he founded a lucrative new corporation, without anyone suspecting that these advancements were likely due to Hannibal's experiments with Forerunner technology.
Although Hannibal Weapon Systems generally specialized in security technology development and small arms, HWS now primarily focuses on the manufacturing of Mjolnir armor systems. The corporation has recently begun working with the United Nations Space Command to produce prototype upgrades to various vehicle systems, including the M820 Scorpion and HRUNTING/YGGDRASIL Mark IX Mantis.
In 2555, shortly after Vestol Corporation's extant assets were liquidated, Hannibal Weapon Systems acquired production rights to Vestol's ROGUE-class Mjolnir. In 2556, Hannibal Weapon Systems was "Flagged for Review" by the UNSC Navy's Office of Naval Intelligence after the terrorist attack on Sedra.
The company had facilities in the following locations:
|Planet||Location||Facility Name/Facility Role||Citation|
|Earth||New Mombasa, Kenya|||
|New Carthage||Kotka, Pori||WG/Facility 93-00/Kotka|||
|New Carthage||Pilvros, Pori||Hannibal HQ|||
- Just as New Carthage is named after the ancient city of Carthage, Hannibal Weapon Systems is named in reference to Hannibal, an infamous Carthaginian general who is considered one of the greatest military leaders in history. The company's logo references this fact, as it features two elephants in profile with a mountain peak, referencing Hannibal's crossing of the Alps with an army which included war elephants.
List of appearances
- Halo 4 (First appearance)
- Halo: Nightfall (Mentioned only)
- Halo 2: Anniversary
- Halo 5: Guardians
- Halo Wars 2
- Halo: Point of Light
- Halo Infinite (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Point of Light, chapter 19
- Halo Waypoint - Canon Fodder #106: Outpost Discoveries
- Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, page 228
- Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder - Close Quarters
- Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, p. 177
- Halo: Nightfall, ONI: Walk the Path
- Halo Wars 2: Phoenix Logs - Mantis
- Halo Waypoint: Cyclops
- Halo 5: Guardians
- Halo 2: Anniversary, campaign levels Outskirts and Metropolis
- Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, p. 147