"WE'VE GOT A NEW CONTACT, UNKNOWN CLASSIFICATION!"This article has new content coming soon, and may not be complete, confirmed or correct. Please update it as soon as any relevant and accurate material is available.
Recommended number of players:
A Breakout match begins with players getting a "running start" by being propelled into the arena by man cannons. With only a single life, the objective is to eliminate the opposing team or grab the neutral flag and bring it back to their team's base. Each two minute round ends when one team completes the objective, with five rounds needed to win the game. Players begin with M45 shotguns and M6H2 magnums, with multiple weapons being scattered around the map. (The shotguns replaced M20 SMGs on September 30th, 2016.)
Arena Breakout is a weekend playlist in Halo 5: Guardians. Contrary to mainstream Breakout which is set on variants of the Forge map Breakout Arena, Arena Breakout is set on regular Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer maps (e.g.: Truth, Regret, etc).
- Main article: Community Breakout
Community Breakout is a weekend playlist which includes forged maps created by the community.
- In the Halo 5: Guardians beta, the object of the game mode was to simply eliminate the opposing team. However, this sometimes led to stagnant games due to the ease of camping, so flag capture victory was added to the final version.
- At San Diego Comic-Con 2015 Halo fans were able to play in an actual Breakout arena with nerf guns. Frank O'Connor reprised his role as Beamish to clean up between matches.
- Breakout was heavily inspired by "Speedball": competitive paintball with inflatable bunkers that was played by Halo's multiplayer design director, Kevin Franklin. "Speedball" was also the development name for the prototype Breakout map, Crossfire.
- The first development and design of the mode started in 2010, during the development of Halo 4.
The space station where matches are played.
Work-in-progress of the Breakout arena and the map Crossfire, circa 2013.
- ^ a b c Halo Waypoint: Community Update - Off to a Running Start
- ^ Halo Waypoint: Community Update - Mode À La Mode
- ^ The Sprint, Mr. October
- ^ San Diego Comic-Con 2015