|There is more information available on this subject at Space station on the English Wikipedia.|
A space station is a platform or facility built for use such as habitation, research or defense in a planetary orbit or deep space. The term can also be applied to mobile facilities.
Human space stations were constructed across Sol with the advent of interplanetary colonization in the late 21st century, followed by other star systems in humanity's subsequent interstellar era. By the 26th century, space stations had come to fill a broad range of roles as starship construction and docking facilities, heavily-armed defensive outposts, fleet support, even as colony habitats, in addition to their original primary role as science facilities.
List of known human space stations
- Anvil Station - a training station for SPARTAN-IV supersoldiers and Swords of Sanghelios's Sangheili in orbit over an unknown planet.
- Auriga Station
- Carinae Station
- Casimir Station - a space station presumably in orbit over Reach.
- Chiron - a UNSC platform over Mars, housing a prominent extreme-conditions training facility.
- Eridanus Secundus - a hollowed-out asteroid converted into an Insurrectionist habitat.
- Far-gone colony platforms - a series of human space habitats.
- Gamma Station - a space dock in orbit around Reach.
- Io Station - a listening post near Io in the Sol system.
- Ivanoff Station - a UNSC orbital research facility based in an asteroid field near Installation 03.
- Lawrence Space Station - a human space station in the 26 Draconis system.
- Lisbon Station - a UNSC research facility established near Installation 05.
- Lockhart medical station - a UNSC medical facility.
- Midpoint Anchorage - a space dock located in the Sol system.
- Munera Platforms - orbital combat stations of the UNSC.
- Munera Platform A7 - a Munera Platform over Earth.
- ONI orbital facility - an ONI station in orbit over Earth.
- Orbital defense platform - a type of UNSC planetary defense station.
- Refit station - a mobile UNSC ship repair dock.
- Remote scanning outpost - UNSC space stations designed to monitor in- and outbound slipspace traffic.
- Reyes-McLees Shipyards - a major UNSC ship construction facility over Mars.
- Spartan-IV training station - used to train newly-augmented Spartan-IVs.
- Station Delphi - an abandoned construction platform over an icy moon, thought to be the secret repair station for the UNSC Point of No Return.
- Station Jefferson - an Insurrectionist facility in the Eridanus asteroid belt.
- Station Wayward Rest - the terminal station of the Centennial Orbital Elevator.
- Teller Station - an ONI xenoarchaeology research station located at Site 17 in the Oort cloud of the Epsilon Eridani system.
- Tiara - a space elevator anchor and terminal facility in orbit around Harvest.
- The Rubble - an elaborate, independently-governed habitat in the 23 Librae system constructed from a network of connected asteroids.
- Threshold array - a UNSC station presumably located in the orbit of Threshold.
- Tripoli - a UNSC deep-space station.
- Unidentified ONI medical facility - an ONI medical station in Reach's orbit.
- UNSC construction platform - modular starship construction and repair facilities utilized by the UNSC.
Space stations in the Covenant
The Covenant operated numerous space stations, most notably their capital city High Charity, a mobile station almost constantly on the move. Additionally, an extensive network of resupply stations, spaceports and other facilities existed across Covenant territory to serve their ships and fleets.
List of known Covenant space stations
- High Charity - the Covenant's mobile capitol and holy city.
- Unyielding Hierophant - a Covenant mobile fleet command center.
- Station of Constant Sustenance - a resupply facility in the fringes of the Covenant's empire.
- Ap'ot Port - a Kig-Yar spaceport in the Y'Deio system.
- Ranarum Orbital Platform - a Sangheili space station and docking facility orbiting their homeworld Sanghelios. It houses the Aanrar Shipyard.
- Oth Lodon station - a station operated by the New Colonial Alliance and Covenant remnants.
Forerunner space stations
The Forerunners constructed their most notable space installations on a planetary scale, and many of them are more aptly described as megastructures than space stations. The Halo rings, the Arks, the shield worlds and the Capital are examples of such installations. Nonetheless, there are some which fall within the more conventional definition of a space station.
- Deep-Space Anomaly 0198 - a small station in orbit around Threshold in the Soell system.
- Threshold gas mine
- Seclusion Spiral
UNSC Hopeful, a mobile hospital platform constructed from two repurposed refit stations.
The UNSC Cradle, a mobile refit station of alternative design.
Io Station, an outpost in the Sol System.
The Covenant mobile station High Charity.
A holographic representation of the Covenant mobile space station Unyielding Hierophant.
The space docks of Eridanus II.
A post-war human station near an unknown Halo installation.
- Halo: Mortal Dictata, page 221
- This is a disambiguation page — a navigational aid which lists other pages that might otherwise share the same title. If an article link referred you here, you might want to go back and fix it to point directly to the intended page.