From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|There is more information available on this subject at Space station on the English Wikipedia.
A space station is a platform or facility built for use such as habitation, research or defense in a planetary orbit or deep space. The term can also be applied to mobile facilities.
Human space stations were constructed across Sol with the advent of interplanetary colonization in the late 21st century, followed by other star systems in humanity's subsequent interstellar era. By the 26th century, space stations had come to fill a broad range of roles as starship construction and docking facilities, heavily-armed defensive outposts, fleet support, even as colony habitats, in addition to their original primary role as science facilities.
During the Human-Covenant War, SPARTAN-III Alpha Company fought on the "colony platforms" of the colony world Far-gone. It is unclear what the colony platforms consist of, but they may be space habitats.
- Munera Platforms - Orbital combat training and stations of the UNSC.
The UNSC Cradle, a mobile refit station of alternative design.
- Remote scanning outpost - UNSC space stations designed to monitor in- and outbound slipspace traffic.
The RSO Fermion.
- Construction platforms and shipyards - The UNSC had construction platforms and shipyards in orbit of planets. Two examples are: the Reyes-McLees Shipyards, a major UNSC ship construction facility over Mars and the Naval Yard AS-9 over Reach. Station Delphi, an abandoned construction platform over an icy moon.
Modular starship construction and repair facilities utilized by the UNSC.
- Asteroid bases - Human factions sometimes attach metal structures or hollow out asteroids to create stations.
- Space elevator terminus - Orbital elevators terminate in orbit with space stations. Some examples across human space are: Station Wayward Rest, the terminal station of the Centennial Orbital Elevator and Tiara, the terminal facility in orbit around Harvest
- Unidentified station types -
Io Station, an outpost in the Sol System.
Lockhart medical station, a UNSC medical facility.
Gamma Station, a space dock in orbit around Reach.
The Covenant operated numerous space stations, most notably their capital city High Charity, a mobile station almost constantly on the move. Additionally, an extensive network of resupply stations, spaceports and other facilities existed across Covenant territory to serve their ships and fleets.
- High Charity - the Covenant's mobile capitol and holy city.
The Covenant mobile station High Charity.
- Unyielding Hierophant - a Covenant mobile fleet command center.
A holographic representation of the Covenant mobile space station Unyielding Hierophant.
- Station of Constant Sustenance - a resupply facility in the fringes of the Covenant's empire.
- Ap'ot Port - a Kig-Yar spaceport in the Y'Deio system.
- Ranarum Orbital Platform - a Sangheili space station and docking facility orbiting their homeworld Sanghelios. It houses the Aanrar Shipyard.
- Oth Lodon station - a station operated by the New Colonial Alliance and Covenant remnants.
The Forerunners constructed their most notable space installations on a planetary scale, and many of them are more aptly described as megastructures than space stations. The Halo rings, the Arks, the shield worlds and the Capital are examples of such installations. Nonetheless, there are some which fall within the more conventional definition of a space station.
- Deep-Space Anomaly 0198 - a small station in orbit around Threshold in the Soell system.
- Threshold gas mine
- Seclusion Spiral
UNSC Hopeful, a mobile hospital platform constructed from two repurposed refit stations.