From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|“||The infamous Doctor Catherine Halsey is brought onboard Infinity.||”|
Catherine is the third episode of Spartan Ops. It was released on November 19, 2012. In this episode, Dr. Catherine Halsey is brought aboard the UNSC Infinity to study the mysterious artifact retrieved from Requiem by Fireteam Crimson.
|1||The VIP||Quarry||"Parg Vol, a known Sangheili terrorist and associate of Jul 'Mdama, is confirmed to be on Requiem."|
|2||Galileo||Galileo||"UNSC Science base Galileo requires assistance repelling enemy advances."|
|3||Spartan Mountain||Two Giants||"Marine squad Mountain has crashed behind enemy lines and requests immediate evac."|
|4||Shootout In Valhalla||Two Giants||"Fireteam Crimson's attempted rescue of Mountain Squad has gone sideways. Situation developing."|
|5||Hunting Trip||The Gate||"Covenant terrorist Parg Vol has been located again. There is no better opportunity to eliminate him."|
- Roland (COM): "Captain Lasky, the captain of Aladdin requests permission to bring the prisoner aboard."
- Palmer: (turning to Captain Lasky) "Last chance to change your mind."
- Lasky: "It's too late for that, Sarah. We need to know what's going on."
- Palmer: (irritated) "She was locked up for a reason."
- Lasky: "Permission granted, Roland."
The prowler lands and four Marines escort Dr. Halsey before transferring her into the Spartans' custody.
- Lasky: "Dr. Halsey, thank you for coming."
Dr. Halsey shows her restraints.
- Halsey: "I'm not walking around the ship I built with my hands cuffed."
Lasky nods and Madsen removes the restraints on Dr. Halsey.
- Halsey: "Show me the artifact."
The group walks toward the artifact in a dimly lit room.
- Halsey: "Rather dark for a proper investigation."
- Lasky: "Random fluctuations all over the ship, doctor. Power still completely out at ground zero. I'll get additional lighting set up ASAP."
- Halsey: "That would be good. Have there been any other reactions since..."
- Lasky: "Since what happened to Dr. Glassman? No."
- Halsey: "I see."
Dr. Halsey approaches the artifact and tries to touch it.
- Lasky: "Careful."
- Halsey: (turning around) "I'm not Henry Glassman, Captain"
- Lasky: (turning to face Commander Palmer) "Trust me, Doctor, I know who you are."
- Halsey: "Yes, and I see you've decided I rate three of the new model."
- DeMarco: "Captain Lasky asked for the best."
- Halsey: (amused) "And yet..."
Dr. Halsey touches the artifact and it lights up.
- Lasky: "What is it, Doctor?"
- Halsey: "Engine room."
The group leaves the room. Cuts to a shot of the high-speed tram car the group is on, then to a shot of Dr. Halsey, then of the others.
- DeMarco: (talking to Madsen) "Why do they have us guarding some old lady?"
- DeMarco: "No way."
- Madsen: "Yeah. Story goes, she kidnapped a bunch of kids."
- DeMarco: "What? What would an old lady like her do with kids?"
Madsen tries to answer the question before noticing Dr. Halsey looking at them.
- Halsey: "First, we taught them how to be silent."
She then turns to face Palmer.
- Halsey: "Then we taught them how to be Spartans."
Palmer glowers at Halsey.
A shot of the engine room.
- Lasky: "Roland?"
- Roland: "Engine room's on lockdown, captain. All systems operating nominally."
The group walks in and Dr. Halsey starts tinkering with the systems.
- Roland: "You know captain, I can fly Infinity without human aid."
- Lasky: "Don't worry, Roland. We'll take her off your hands again very shortly."
- Palmer: "And now we're letting the war criminal touch things."
- Lasky: "I can type for her, if that'd make you feel better."
- Palmer: "It would help."
- Lasky: "She installed these engines. No one in the UNSC understands them as well as she does."
Dr. Halsey continues to tinker with the systems and a pulse runs through the room. The Spartans raise their weapons on Dr. Halsey.
- Palmer: "Hey!"
Dr. Halsey turns around to face Commander Palmer. Palmer walks forward then orders the Spartans to lower their weapons.
- Halsey: "The artifact, Forerunner, is talking to your engines, also Forerunner. But it is also communicating with these other systems as well."
- Lasky: "Health systems, some electrical, lower deck life support."
- Palmer: "Only the engines are Forerunner tech. The rest is human."
The computer screen indicates where the signal is transmitting to and places a marker.
- Halsey: "Indeed, but the artifact is reaching out to them. And it and your engines are transmitting..."
- Lasky: "To Requiem."
- Halsey: "You came here to study the planet. Instead, something on the planet is studying you."
Note: All dialogue spoken by the Elites are in Sangheili and translated into English.
- Gek 'Lhar: "Faster! Move as if the Didact himself were watching!"
Gek turns around to see Jul 'Mdama and immediately kneels before him.
- Gek 'Lhar: "Jul 'Mdama! I did not expect the Didact's Hand so soon."
- Jul 'Mdama: "Infinity's arrival has advanced my schedule. Rise, Gek."
Gek stands back up.
- Gek 'Lhar: "We are still preparing, Shipmaster- we still have yet to be able to activate the shrine."
A shot of Jul 'Mdama and Gek standing in front of the structure.
- Jul 'Mdama: "You are prepared now, brother."
They turn around.
- Jul 'Mdama: "Bring the artifact's gift!"
Two Sangheili bring a human prisoner before Jul 'Mdama and Gek. It's Dr. Henry Glassman. The Elites roughly shove Glassman to his knees.
- Jul 'Mdama: "He offers his knowledge in exchange for his life."
He looks down at Glassman.
- Jul 'Mdama: "I am willing to accept his offer...for a time."
Cuts to a shot of Dr. Glassman looking around, worried. Cuts to black.
The UNSC Aladdin.