Shootout in Valhalla
|Shootout in Valhalla|
Survive large-scale Covenant assault.
|Halopedia doesn't currently have a walkthrough for this level. Could you write one?|
|“||Fireteam Crimson's attempted rescue of Mountain Squad has gone sideways. Situation developing.||”|
Picking up from the previous chapter, Spartan Jared Miller informs Commander Palmer that a large Covenant force is closing in on Crimsons location. Automated-defense turrets retrieved from Mountain Squad's crashed Pelican are activated by the Spartans throughout the canyon in order to shore up their defenses. As several large Covenant drop pods and Phantom dropships arrive, carrying an assortment of Covenant Storm units, Palmer requests from Miller a proper assessment of all enemy forces in the area. Miller immediately responds by saying they are considerable amounts of Covenant headed towards the Spartans location. Palmer contacts Robert Dalton, asking if her "emergency dispatch" is ready for departure. Dalton acknowledges and says it is leaving the UNSC Infinity.
The situation turns grim as more Phantom dropships arrive, including one carrying a Wraith. Fireteam Crimson do their best to defend the area by keeping close to their turrets, making use of captured Covenant equipment, and using a variety of UNSC weaponry provided from the crashed Pelican. Palmer then informs the team that her "emergency dispatch" has arrived. A lull in the fighting has her bring in four Pelican transports, each ferrying a Mantis Armored Defense System. As Crimson make use of the powered exoskeletons, multiple waves of Banshee fighters, supported by Phantom gunships, arrive in an attempt to re-take the canyon. As the fighting continues, Dalton comes online and informs Palmer that a Covenant cruiser has been spotted within the vicinity. Miller confirms the report, saying it is closing in on Crimsons location.
Commander Palmer then orders a Pelican for Crimson's extraction. Dalton, however, tells her that it would be a suicide mission up against the Covenant cruiser. As more Covenant reinforcements arrive, Miller tells Palmer an idea of his to assist Crimson. Crimson continues to defend their position as the Covenant relentlessly send in waves of reinforcements at them. As the Covenant cruiser comes within range of the canyon, Palmer has a UNSC support vessel fire at the unsuspecting ship. The cruiser is destroyed in a series of explosions as it falls apart towards Requiems surface. Crimson clears out the remaining Covenant, and a Pelican is sent for their extraction. As they wait, Miller receives solid information relating to Parg Vol's where-abouts. Palmer, enthusiastic, has Crimson depart for Parg Vol's location instead of returning to the Infinity to hunt the Sangheili down.
All dialogue is spoken through the COM.
- Miller: "Heavy Covenant forces headed toward Crimson's position, Commander Palmer."
- Miller: "Marines have retrieved turrets from the Pelican and deployed them. They just need to be brought online."
A Covenant drop pod arrives and drop off troops in the middle of the canyon.
- Palmer: "Crimson! Get those turrets activated! Now!"
- Palmer: "I need a proper assessment on enemy forces, Miller."
- Miller: "Considerable, Commander."
The player activates the first turret.
- Palmer: "That'll help, Crimson. Go get the other two."
The player activates the second turret.
- Miller: "Crimson's got the second turret active, Commander."
The player activates the last turret.
- Miller: "All turrets operational."
- Palmer: "Dalton!"
- Dalton: "Online, Commander."
- Palmer: "You have that emergency dispatch ready yet?"
- Dalton: "Prepped and loading as fast as we can, Commander. Pelican's aren't exactly rated for-"
- Palmer: "Don't bore me with facts, Dalton. Just make it happen."
- Dalton: "Heading out of the hangar bay now."
A Phantom approaches and drops reinforcements.
- Miller: "Oh boy... Crimson, Phantom inbound."
- Miller: "Phantom!"
Another Phantom drops reinforcements, including a Wraith
- Palmer: "Wraith on the field. Watch out, Crimson."
Reinforcements continue to arrive. The player kills most of them.
- Palmer: "Where's the cannon fodder, Miller?"
- Palmer: "Show us the bad guys, Miller."
- Palmer: "Miller, light up the freaks, please."
Markers appear on the last Covenant. The player kills the last of them.
- Palmer: "I think it's time to even the odds. Crimson, here's some new toys. Enjoy."
A beacon appears at the top of the hill. The player reaches it.
Three Pelicans approach Two Giants. They swoop in and deposit Mantises.
if the player has activated the RvB Easter egg:
- Simmons (COM): "Hold tight, ground forces. We are inbound for reinforcements. Don't want to say exactly what, but you'll like 'em."
- Grif (COM): "It's giant robots."
- Simmons (COM): "What? Grif! You ruined the surprise! You have no flair for the dramatic!"
- Grif (COM): "They're in battle, idiot! How dramatic do you want to get?"
- Miller: "Commander, heavy Covenant air support incoming."
- Palmer: "Crimson, eyes on the sky."
The player fights off wave after wave of Covenant Banshees and Phantoms.
Once most of the Covenant are finished:
- Palmer: "Miller, show Crimson their cleanup detail."
After Crimson clears out the remaining Covenant from the initial wave, another enemy drop pod arrives. This one deploys a squad of Hunters. Shortly after the Hunters are killed, more drop pods descend and deploy additional enemy troops, including Elites and more Hunters.
A Phantom arrives and drops off a Wraith, along with additional ground forces.
After the Wraith is destroyed:
- Dalton: "Commander Palmer, my pilots are reporting there's a Covenant Cruiser inbound on Crimson's position."
- Palmer: "Oh, crap."
- Miller: "Confirmed sighting, Commander. They're moving on Crimson."
More drop pods arrive. Another wing of Banshees attacks.
- Palmer: "Dalton! I need a Pelican to extract Crimson. We can leave the Mantis behind."
- Dalton: "Commander, that's a suicide run. I won't get a bird within a hundred clicks."
- Palmer: "I need solutions, not excuses, Dalton."
- Miller: "Commander. I think I've got a way to retrieve Crimson."
- Palmer: "Crimson, hold out just a little longer. Help is on the way."
A waypoint appears at the seaside tower.
- Miller: "Commander, there's heavy enemy movement near Crimson's position."
- Palmer: "Get ready, Spartans."
- Miller: "Lots of activity nearby. Be ready for anything, Crimson."
Waves of Phantoms and Banshees attack from the cruiser.
- Palmer: "Miller, light up the last few targets."
Beacons appear on the final wave. The player destroys all Covenant air forces.
- Frigate Captain: "Commander Palmer, we're on station."
- Palmer: "Fire at will, Captain."
A missile streaks across the sky and destroys the Cruiser.
- Palmer: "Nice work down there, Crimson. We'll have you a ride home shortly."
- Miller: "Commander Palmer! Solid intel on Parg Vol's location."
- Palmer: "Let's see."
- Palmer: "All right. Scratch that, Crimson. You're not coming home. You're going hunting. I'll be back in touch shortly."