War of Wits: The Armrest
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Atriox and Captain Cutter are seated next to each other in economy seats of a modern commercial airplane. Cutter reaches to receive a drink from a flight attendant.
- Cutter: "Thanks, Janice."
As Cutter reaches to grab the drink, Atriox shifts his left arm to lean over the entire left armrest, where Cutter's right arm was just at. Cutter looks at Atriox, annoyed.
- Cutter: I clearly had the armrest.
- Atriox: You moved.
- Cutter: To get the drink.
- Atriox: You move it, you lose it.
Cutter turns to face the camera.
- Cutter: I will have this armrest, and this is how.
Fade to Cutter's thought process, still on the plane. Atriox is listening to music via his earbuds.
- Cutter: (narration) First, I'll employ a small talk offensive.
- Cutter: (to Atriox) Hey, what are you listening to?
Atriox ignores him and continues listening to his tunes.
- Cutter: Music? Huh? Is it music?
- Cutter: (narration) You'll counter by invading my personal space.
Cut to Atriox asleep, leaning over on Cutter's body.
- Cutter: (narration) I'll retaliate with biological warfare.
Cutter opens a food container, and the smelly food inside rouses Atriox awake. He leans back, groaning from the stench.
- Atriox: Ooh! Ugh! What is that? Bluh! Mmm!
Cutter turns around, nodding to a boy behind Atriox.
- Cutter: (narration) Before calling in my covert ops operative Sammy.
The boy begins kicking his feet on the back of Atriox's chair. Atriox grumbles in displeasure.
- Cutter: (narration) Crushing your will to live.
Atriox lifts his left arm.
- Atriox: Fine, take it.
- Cutter: (narration) Ensuring-
- Cutter: (verbally) Victory...
- Atriox: Genius, really...
Fade back to the present.
- Atriox: But, I licked the armrest before you sat down.
Cutter begins to look disgusted.
- Atriox: Back and forth. Twice.
Cutter gingerly lifts his arm off the armrest, and Atriox puts his back.
- Atriox: Full tongue.
KNOW YOUR ENEMY
HALO WARS 2
AVAILABLE FEBRUARY 21