Halo Infinite Campaign Launch Trailer
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
- "When all hope is lost and humanity’s fate hangs in the balance, the Master Chief is ready to confront the most ruthless foe he’s ever faced. Step inside the armor of humanity’s greatest hero to experience an epic adventure and explore the vast reaches of Zeta Halo, from stunning heights to mysterious depths below the ring. Rescue UNSC marines to gain reinforcements in your fight against a fearsome enemy known as “the Banished.” Enjoy true Spartan freedom in the biggest, most wide open and adventure-filled Halo experience yet, launching December 8, 2021."
- — Official description
The Halo Infinite Campaign Launch Trailer is a trailer promoting the release of Halo Infinite's campaign. It was released on November 30, 2021, eight days before the campaign's release on December 8.
The trailer opens on Installation 07 with a large Forerunner tower changing shape and pulsing with energy. The camera pans downward to reveal John-117 staring at the imposing structure. As this occurs, echoing whispers from Cortana can be heard:
- Cortana: [Echoing, whispering] "If you knew how you were going to die..."
The camera approaches John above his left shoulder.
- Cortana: [Clearer] "If you knew how you were going to die... How would you live your life differently?"
The camera turns to face John from the front as he continues to look at the structure with another Forerunner structure behind, presumably where he came from. Cut to black.
- Cortana: [No longer echoing] "How would you live your life differently?"
Cut to a space battle, with the UNSC Infinity in close-range combat with multiple Banished warships. One of the warships rams through the upper hull of the Infinity as an Eklon'Dal Workshop Phantom flies past the camera. Cut to John observing a hologram of Pelican Echo 216 and casualties of the battle as Escharum begins to speak.
- Escharum: "This is my world now."
Cut to a hologram of Escharum.
- Escharum: "Humanity will be all but a memory."
Cut to John-117 observing the damaged Installation 07 from the cockpit of Pelican Echo 216.
- Escharum: "This ring will be operational."
- John-117: "The Banished are planning to fire this ring."
Cut to Echo 216's pilot looking up at John, clearly distressed.
- Echo 216's pilot: "We need help, not heroics."
The camera pans up to John.
- John-117: "We protect humanity, whatever the cost."
Cut to John and The Weapon inside a Forerunner structure.
- The Weapon: "But this wasn't the mission."
- John-117: "The mission's changed. They always do."
John holds out a data crystal chip to The Weapon. She reaches for it and her avatar winks out of existence as her code is absorbed into the ship. John inserts the chip into the back of his helmet. Cut to John in the troop bay of Echo 216. With a Banished stronghold visible in the distance, he runs and jumps out of the Pelican. The camera merges with John's point of view as he falls.
- Echo 216's pilot: "You have one bullet against an entire army."
John hits the ground and immediately draws his MA40 assault rifle.
- John-117: "It's enough."
Cut to gameplay of John fighting Banished as music plays. Rapid cuts between gameplay of combat in grassy landscapes, Forerunner structures, and Banished bases. John fights and kills multiple Jiralhanae, Unggoy, and Sangheili. While in a Banished encampment, he uses his Grappleshot to pick up a Fusion coil to toss a large fuel reservoir, destroying it. Cut to John in the driver's seat of an M12B Warthog. He drives it through grassy fields, running over a lone Kig-Yar. Cut to The Weapon attempting to access something. She gives a shout of pain and drops to her knees and John passes her, MA40 at the ready.
- John-117: "What happened?"
- The Weapon: "Something pushed back."
Cut to a dark Forerunner chamber with a bright light emanating from its center. Column-like structures rotate around the center of the room to reveal the The Harbinger. John abruptly swivels, presumably to face her.
- The Harbinger: "You are not the future."
The Harbinger levitates above John with him looking up at her. She lunges at John and hits him with energy that launches him into the air and seemingly teleports him outside of the structure. John flies back-first into the trunk of a dead tree, smashing clean through it. Cut to black. John enters the cockpit of an AV-49 Wasp. Cut to John using the Wasp to rain down fire upon enemy forces near a Banished stronghold. Cut to text screen as the Wasp approaches the camera.
Gameplay of John approaching a Banished camp with the Wasp. He fires its missiles before taking damage and leaping from the vehicle. As he falls to the ground, he fires on and kills a Jiralhanae warrior with an M41 SPNKR. He takes out a Sentinel beam as he walks toward the camp's center structure. Cut to John prying open a pair of doors within a Banished facility.
- Escharum: "Our battle ends here."
Escharum drops to the floor with a confident expression on his face.
- Escharum: "Bear witness!"
Cut to Bassus preparing to land a downward strike on John with his gravity hammer. John grapples a container behind the Chieftain and pulls it into his back, causing the Jiralhanae to miss with his swing. Cut to text screen.
John retrieves an MA40 from the wreckage of a Warthog floating in space. Cut to black. John leaps from a very tall Forerunner structure. As he falls, Pelican Echo 216 dives past him and its pilot opens the troop bay, letting various unsecured items fly out. Cut to the interior of the Pelican's troop bay with John holding the avatar of The Weapon. The pilot looks back at John from the cockpit.
- Echo 216's pilot: "Is everyone trying to kill you?"
- The Weapon: [Looking up at John] "It kinda seems like it."
- YouTube - HALO, Halo Infinite | Campaign Launch Trailer (Retrieved on Dec 3, 2021)