Halo: Reach Accolades Trailer
The Halo: Reach Accolades Trailer is a post-launch trailer for Halo: Reach released by Microsoft on November 4, 2010. The trailer consists of gameplay dialogue overlaid with clips from campaign. Most of the audio played during the trailer is unsynchronized with the actual gameplay being shown.
Several shots of Reach are shown, including an orbital view and a panning shot of New Alexandria.
- Narrator: "Planet Reach. Sister to Earth. Our greatest resource. Our best-kept secret."
- Narrator: "Or so we thought. Noble Team was ready for what the rest of us never saw coming."
"THE BEST HALO EVER MADE." –MTV
"A PERFECT 5 OUT OF 5." –G4TV
Several more shots from the level Tip of the Spear.
"THE YEAR'S BIGGEST GAME." –FORTUNE MAGAZINE
Several shots from the space-combat section of the level Long Night of Solace.
- Jorge-052: "Beautiful, ain't it. Someone should take a picture."
"THE HALO GAME YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR." –MSNBC
- Catherine-B320: "It's a trap!"
- SPARTAN-B312: "We'll get it done, Colonel. Six out."
Several more quick shots: Noble Six and Jorge fight from a Spade — a Shade turret fires fuel rods into the air — a Falcon takes fire from behind — a Mgalekgolo fires its assault cannon — a Sangheili fires its plasma rifle.
One last succession of shots. A Spartan fires a rocket launcher at a Covenant corvette over Sword Base — the belly turret of a Covenant CCS-class battlecruiser explodes — the Forerunner facility under Sword Base detonates and sinks into the ground...
Cut to black.
Fades in to the glassed Reach with the Reach logo in front of it.
Video ends in the Xbox 360 logo being shown on the screen.
- Unlike other Halo: Reach trailers, the armor color of Noble Six seen in the trailer is brown, his emblem is a pink "Brute" with an unknown background. Therefore, it can concluded that the cutscenes used in the trailer are from halo.bungie.org's Halo: Reach Cutscene Library.
- The music used in the trailer is not part of the Halo: Reach Original Soundtrack, making it apparent that Bungie didn't create the trailer.
- The trailer is used as the "Video Preview" for the game on Xbox LIVE.