Halo: Reach announcement trailer
The Halo: Reach announcement trailer is a video released by Bungie Studios for the E3 2009 gaming convention on June 1st, announcing the development of Halo: Reach. It premiered during the Microsoft press conference just after Halo 3: ODST's demo.
FROM THE BEGINNING
YOU KNOW THE END
The surface of Reach comes into view.
- Fermion: Gamma station, this is Fermion RSO. Unconfirmed report of an in-system slipspace rupture.
- Gamma Station: Impossible. Check your source.
- Fermion: Reading multiple pings below the orbital defense grid...
- Gamma Station: Oh, this can't be happening...
- UNSC Operator: There's no mistake. It's them.
- UNSC Operator: WINTER CONTINGENCY has been declared. All units are mobilized and ready.
- Kat-B320: This is Sierra three-two-zero, prepped for combat insertion.
A massive plasma blast hits the planet surface. The city lights go out, sections at a time.
- UNSC Operator: What the hell was that?
- Pilot: We're coming in hot. Hold on!
Several more plasma explosions are seen on the planet.
- Pilot: We just lost our bird!
- UNSC Commander: Oh my God...
- UNSC Commander: What the hell is happening down there?
Comm chatter overlapping, incomprehensible.
- UNSC Marine: There's still people down here!
- UNSC Commander: The city just dropped off my map!
- UNSC Marine: We need an evac...
- UNSC Marine: We're overrun. We'll hold this position as long as we can!
View zooms away from the planet, and Epsilon Eridani comes to view.
- UNSC Commander: I need you in that fight, Noble-One. Noble-One, come in. Noble-One, do you read me?
Text appears on the planet.
- HALO: REACH
- Carter-A259: This is Sierra Two-Five-Nine. You've got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere.
- FALLS 2010
The trailer without the ESRB notice is exactly 1:17 long, a reference to John's service number 117.