Symbols of the UNSC
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
The symbols of the UNSC are the symbols used to identify the organization and its branches.
- "Eagle, Globe, and Banner" - Or EGB for short, is a logo that has been used by the UNSC Marine Corps since its inception. During the Covenant War it was used in place of Marine specific insignias for most units. This logo was used on the wings of UNSC frigates, on MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor, and on the sides of vehicles like the M12B Warthog. The logo was also used on some hats, and a medal.
- The Human-Covenant war version saw its earliest uses in 2525. A slightly simplified version of the logo was used at Corbulo Academy of Military Science in 2526. The logo continued to see use through much of 2552. By 2557, the logo was almost wholly replaced by a new logo. Though the Covenant war logo was still used on the UNSC Infinity at this point. Due to the disappearance of the UNSC Spirit of Fire in 2531, equipment and uniforms from the ship use the Human-Covenant war era logo in 2559. At some point after 2560, the pilot of Pelican Echo 216 had a different, simplified version of this logo.
- This logo is often stenciled on equipment, and may be simplified in some applications.
A simplified version of the logo, used occasionally in 2526.
- Redesigned logo - Following the war, the UNSC's branding was overhauled resulting in a new logo. It can be described as bold, strong, and ascendant.
- However, this logo's first uses were in late 2552, appearing on Warthogs and crates, before becoming commonplace by 2557.
- The logo, saw use on the side of the UNSC Infinity, on the wings of Strident-class heavy frigates, and on the sides of vehicles. A slightly modified version of the logo was used in the UNSC Tactical Simulator, where the word "TACSIM" was added. A partially colored version of the logo was painted on to the floor of a meeting room in HIGHCOM Facility Bravo-6.
The post-war logo on the floor of HIGHCOM Facility Bravo-6. Note the gold coloring of the shield and ribbon.
A version of the logo used in the UNSC Tactical Simulator. Note the addition of "TACSIM" below "UNSC" in the center.
- A redesigned wordmark was used by the UNSC as early as 2554. By 2557, Some fatigues also had the wordmark printed on it.
- Navy logo - The navy's logo is composed of a delta, point upwards and away from a star, above several chevrons and layered over a globe. It was in use starting in at least 2554, being semi-transparent on papers used for official reports.
- ONI logos - ONI uses several symbols, including their seal and a logo similar in design to the "Eagle, Globe, and Banner" logo.
- ORION Project emblem - The ORION project had a number of associated emblems.
- Navy unit emblems
Air Force logos
- Main article: UNSC Air Force
The Air Force's logo.
- Main article: UNSC Army
The army's logo is composed of a chevron and triangle with a star in it.
Marine Corps logos
- Main article: UNSC Marine Corps
The Marine Corps' logo.
- ODST logo - The ODST's primary logo is composed of a Single Occupant Exoatmospheric Insertion Vehicle, with a flaming skull in the center. The logo was used on flags and etched into the caskets of deceased ODSTs. The logo was placed on Edward Buck's version of the HELLJUMPER-class Mjolnir.
- Hellbringers logo - The Hellbringer logo consists of a flame, with a two tone pattern behind it.
- Marine unit emblems
7th Shock Troops Battalion emblem
Sunray 1-1 emblem
Fireteam Raven emblem
19th Shock Troops Battalion emblem
Spartan Operations logos
- Spartan Operations logo - The logo for Spartan Operations bore a resemblance to the SPARTAN-II emblem.
- Spartan Operations unit emblems
Fireteam Apollo emblem
Fireteam Castle emblem
Fireteam Crimson emblem
Fireteam Majestic emblem
Fireteam Osiris emblem
- UNSC roundel - The UNSC roundel was used on a manner of UNSC vehicles, including AV-14 Hornets, Pelicans, and the M313 Elephants.
Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- Main article: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
The ONI logo is a usable emblem and nameplate in the Master Chief Collection.
As part of the Halodays Season, a special nameplate for the MCC was added featuring the "Eagle, Globe, and Banner" in a sweater.
Halo 5: Guardians
- Main article: Halo 5: Guardians
A special version of the "Eagle, Globe, and Banner" was created for GlobalGiving's Coronavirus Relief Fund. This special logo is simplified and features a yellow ribbon with the words "#WeGotThisSpartans" along it.
Halo: Nightfall concept art featuring both types of UNSC logos.
- Halo Waypoint, Cosplay Guide: The Rookie
- Halo 3, campaign level The Storm
- Halo: Reach, campaign level Tip of the Spear
- Halo: Reach, campaign level Noble Actual
- Halo 2: Anniversary, campaign model, M12 Chaingun Warthog
- Halo Wars 2: James Cutter model
- Believe, Print ad
- Halo: Collateral Damage, Issue #1
- Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
- Halo 4, campaign level, Infinity
- Halo 4, campaign level Reclaimer
- Halo Wars 2
- Halo Infinite, trailer, Campaign Gameplay Premiere
- Halo Waypoint: The Halo Bulletin: 7.25.12 (Defunct, copy on Wayback Machine)
- Halo 2: Anniversary, campaign model, Crates
- Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide, p. 192
- Halo: Spartan Assault, Menu
- Halo: Escalation
- Halo Legendary Crate, Data Drop 2
- Halo 4, The Commissioning
- Halo: Contact Harvest, Cover
- Halo 3, campaign level Crow's Nest
- Halo Mythos, p. 141
- Halo 3: ODST: Veronica Dare in-game model
- Halo: Reach Legendary Edition
- Halo Encyclopedia (2009 edition), page 85
- Halo Wars
- Halo 3: ODST, The Life
- Halo 5: Guardians: Edward Buck model
- Halo Mythos: A Guide to the Story of Halo, Shield World, p. 71
- Halo Waypoint: MCC Development Update - December 2019
- Twitter - "Be a hero. Support those most in need by contributing to @GlobalGiving's Coronavirus Relief Fund through our #WeGotThisSpartans campaign."