UNSC Judge Advocate General's Corps
|Judge Advocate General's Corps|
The UNSC Judge Advocate General's Corps (JAG Corps) is the legal branch of the United Nations Space Command, headed by a Judge Advocate General. The Judge Advocate General's Corps is charged with enforcing the Uniform Code of Military Justice. JAG officers serve as legal advisors to UNSC military units and investigate crimes involving UNSC personnel; they also serve in courts-martial and on boards of inquiry.
Among the other responsibilities of the JAG Corps is the issuing of various protocols that stipulate punishments for offenses. Some of these punishments can be quite draconian. The JAG 845-P protocol authorizes the imprisonment for life or execution without a proper trial of offenders who commit treason or violate the Cole Protocol.
Captain Maria Gilliam was an officer of the Judge Advocate General Corp's, serving on a board of inquiry in 2492 as the resident JAG officer at the Luna OCS Academy. During Operation: JOVIAN WHISTLE in 2553, JAG officer Major Ira Halal was sent to investigate a series of murders on Gao and to ensure that anti-Unified Earth Government radicals on the planet did not plant false evidence on the crime scenes to frame the UNSC for the murders.
Known JAG protocols
List of appearances
- Halo: The Fall of Reach (First appearance)
- Halo: Ghosts of Onyx
- Halo: The Cole Protocol
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe
- Halo: The Thursday War (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Last Light
- Halo: Silent Storm (Mentioned only)
- ^ a b c d e Halo: Silent Storm, p. 167
- ^ a b c Halo: Last Light, p. 8
- ^ a b "The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole" – Halo: Evolutions, p. 430
- ^ Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, p. 122
- ^ Halo: The Fall of Reach, p. 160 (2010)
- ^ Halo: Last Light, p. 26
- Judge Advocate General's Corps on Wikipedia