UNSC battle network
- "We need to get above this crap, link up with the bee-net. One of our drones must have seen where they hit."
- — Gunnery Sergeant Edward Buck
The UNSC distributed battle management and communication network, commonly known as the battle network, "battlenet" or simply the "bee-net", is the United Nations Space Command military communications network used for battlefield management and tactical support. Commanding officers of UNSC military units assume control over a dedicated shard of the battlenet to ensure operations are executed efficiently and safely. The distributed battle management and communication network is the UNSC counterpart of the Covenant battle network.
Multiple variants of GEN2 Mjolnir armor feature dedicated upgrades to battle network communications, such as the Enforcer helmet, which directly uploads input from helmet-mounted cyloptics to the battlenet for online reviews by intelligence specialists and battlespace management AIs.
UNSC ground forces are also able to use the battle network to link up with F-99 drone fighters. Each drone is equipped with an optics package, allowing ground forces to access the optical feed of F-99s operating in a given area to acquire a more complete picture of the battlefield. During the Battle of Mombasa in 2552, Gunnery Sergeant Edward Buck intended to link up with the battlenet to find the rest of his squad who were scattered around the city.
"Bee-net" is phonetically similar to B.net, a colloquial name for Bungie.net.
List of appearances
- Halo: The Fall of Reach (First appearance)
- Halo: Combat Evolved
- Halo 2
- Halo Wars
- Halo 3: ODST
- Halo: Reach
- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
- Halo 4
- Halo 2: Anniversary
- Halo 5: Guardians
- ^ a b Halo Waypoint: Community Update - Summer Red, Summer Blue
- ^ a b Halo 3: ODST, campaign level, Tayari Plaza
- ^ Halo 5: Guardians - Enforcer armor description