In 2494, Levosia's regional CENTCOM ordered the UNSC Navy to blockade and search all ships within the colony's system after Insurrectionists were found selling elements that could be used to manufacture Shaw-Fujikawa Translight Engines to the black market.
In 2531, the Victoria branch of the Insurrectionists contacted the regional CENTCOM offering a trade of nuclear weapons for UNSC medical services, as the Human-Covenant War had all but depleted the UNSC's nuclear arsenal in that sector. CENTCOM considered the offer, and eventually sent SPARTAN-II Blue Team to raid the rebels' base, get the weapons, and target any rebel leaders if possible.
Prior to Operation: TORPEDO in 2545, the local CENTCOM had sent nuclear weapons launched from slipspace in an attempt to neutralize the Covenant refinery on Pegasi Delta, failing to do so as the Covenant could easily detect and destroy them due to the Čerenkov radiation they emitted when exiting slipspace.
Reach's CENTCOM helped coordinate the planet's defense against the Covenant during the Fall of Reach. At one point during the battle, CENTCOM authorized UNSC Majestic to fire on a ground target, despite Beta Red still being in the target area. Earth's regional CENTCOM coordinated the UNSC defense against the Covenant invaders during the Battle of Earth. On November 3, 2552, it was mentioned that the Earth CENTCOM's communications channels were dropping off-line.
Central Command divides protected territories of the Unified Earth Government into four military commands known as regions. UNSC Naval Command and Unified Ground Command joint task forces are assigned to one of these four regions, which are responsible for the defense and security of the human territories within the respective region. These regions follow well-mapped slipstream space routes that connect dozens of planetary systems. These regions are further broken down administratively into sectors. Central Command Region One included the Epsilon Eridani system, and was host to the Reach Logistics Office. In May 2531, Admiral Michael Stanforth acted as commander for CENTCOM Region One, while Vice Admiral Kopano N'Singile served as the region's sub-commander in 2552.
While each service branch of the UNSC Armed Forces retains administrative control over their personnel in the field, Central Command is responsible for assigning tactical deployments on a per region basis. Forces assigned to one Central Command cannot be moved without the approval of UNSC High Command, so each region must carefully marshal the limited resources at their disposal. Central Command is also responsible for the allocation of Spartan Operations supersoldiers to the fleets and armies under its control, based on overall strategy and urgent need.
List of appearances
- Halo: The Fall of Reach
- Halo: Ghosts of Onyx (First appearance)
- Halo: Evolutions - Essential Tales of the Halo Universe
- Halo: Blood Line (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Reach
- Halo 5: Guardians (Mentioned only)
- "The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole" – Halo: Evolutions, p. 475
- "The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole" – Halo: Evolutions, p. 437
- Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, p. 34
- Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, p. 15
- Halo: Reach, "Reflection" radio conversation
- Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, p. 204
- Halo 5: Guardians Limited Edition, Spartan Locke's Classified Orders
- Halo: Official Spartan Field Manual, p, 123
- Halo: Fleet Battles – Cole Rulebook, p. 9
- "The Impossible Life and the Possible Death of Preston J. Cole" – Halo: Evolutions, p. 468
- Halo: The Fall of Reach, p. 395; Adjunct (2010)
- Halo: Official Spartan Field Manual, p, 34