- "So then the Covenant fleet really starts to tear into the orbital defenses. It's getting ugly up there. Major skirmishes with the Second, Seventh, and Sixteenth Fleets."
- — Sergeant Laura "Smokes" Tanner
The Seventh Fleet is an organization of the UNSC Navy. Serving in the front lines of the Human-Covenant War in late 2552, the fleet was recalled to defend Earth after the Covenant invasion. One of the fleet's Charon-class light frigates, UNSC Chioglossa, was destroyed in the initial stages of the Covenant's attack on Mombasa on October 20. On November 3, the fleet was engaged in major skirmishes with Covenant vessels in Earth orbit in conjunction with the Second and Sixteenth Fleets.
On November 17, three Seventh Fleet frigates led by Commander Miranda Keyes (with the Forward Unto Dawn as the flagship) engaged the Prophet of Truth's Forerunner Keyship as he attempted to use the vessel to activate the portal structure buried near Voi, Kenya. As Truth's fleet fled through the now active portal, the Dawn traveled with the Sangheili Fleet of Retribution to the Forerunner Ark installation, leading to the destruction of the Covenant and the end of the war.
- The emblem of the Seventh Fleet was originally seen on the prows of the Forward Unto Dawn and the Aegis Fate in Halo 3. However, the meaning of this symbol was not officially specified until Stephen Loftus associated it with the Seventh Fleet in the entry for the Forward Unto Dawn in Halo: The Essential Visual Guide.
- A variation of the Seventh Fleet symbol, with one additional chevron, is emblazoned on the back of the Mark VI MJOLNIR armor in Halo 4. The emblem is also shown in an early concept for the UNSC Infinity.
List of appearances
- Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, page 205
- Halo: The Essential Visual Guide, page 74
- Halo 3: ODST, campaign level Prepare to Drop
- Halo 3, campaign level The Storm
- Halo 3, campaign level Floodgate
- Halo 3, multiplayer map Sandtrap
- Halo 3, campaign level The Covenant
- Comment by Stephen Loftus
- Halo 4, Mark VI design