UNSC Tactical Simulator
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
- "We're going to study the historical battles in hopes of increasing your tactical skills for the future. As a bonus, it's a pretty fun game you can play in your spare time."
- — UNSC Infinity AI Roland's introduction to the simulator.
The UNSC Tactical Simulator (TACSIM) is a computer program used for the training of the SPARTAN-IV supersoldiers aboard the UNSC Infinity.
Unlike the War Games training in the Infinity's advanced combat deck, the Tactical Simulator is a smaller-scale program that functions on data pads. As opposed to having the users engage in direct, fully simulated combat, the TACSIM employs more abstract mechanics, producing either fully hypothetical scenarios or recreations of historical battles with users assuming the role of soldiers who participated in those engagements.
Some events presented in UNSC Tactical Simulators have historical inaccuracies in their portrayals, such as a Spartan IV appearing in place of ODST squads during the Battle of Mombasa in 2552, when no Spartan-IVs were present at the time.
- There is a simulation of the Battle of Draetheus V, in which users alternate between the roles of Spartans Edward Davis and Sarah Palmer.
- There is set of missions is centered around battles for the Forerunner artifact known as the Conduit in New Mombasa in 2552 as well as on Installation 03 and in New Phoenix in 2557, in which users replace the roles of Alpha-Five, a Headhunter, another ODST squad and another Headhunter in their respective missions.
The simulator also contains a mode designed to train Spartans to combat the Flood should the parasite reappear as a threat.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
The Tactical Simulator acts as the fictional framing device for Halo: Spartan Assault and Halo: Spartan Strike.
List of appearances
- Halo: Spartan Assault (First appearance)
- Halo: Spartan Strike
- ^ a b Halo: Spartan Assault, Operation A: Umbra
- ^ Halo Waypoint: Canon Fodder - Striking Features
- ^ a b Halo: Spartan Assault
- ^ a b YouTube: Halo: Spartan Strike Gameplay Commentary