From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
"WE'VE GOT A NEW CONTACT, UNKNOWN CLASSIFICATION!"This article may contain information based upon upcoming, unreleased, or recently-released content, and may not be fully complete. Additionally, the information may be subject to change if it is based on pre-release material. Please update it as soon as any relevant and accurate material is available.
The Cindershot was manufactured and developed by Ferrarius Assembler Vats. The Cindershot fires ionized particle grenades consisting of "hyper-charged splinter cores", which explode seconds after launching, damaging anything caught in its explosion.
When reloading, the front of the Cindershot is pulled back, allowing more hard-light grenades to move to the front of the barrel, before it snaps back to its original position.
The Cindershot is a hardlight grenade launcher that serves a similar role to that of the Tufasumo-pattern plasma caster, but its explosion pulls in targets in close proximity. The Cindershot has alt-fire mode that allows the projectile to follow the wielder's direction. The Cindershot is capable of killing a Spartan in 2 direct explosions.
- Backdraft Cindershot: A white-painted Cindershot variant. It deals significantly more damage per shot than its standard counterpart. Carried by Myriad during the Battle for Zeta Halo, though it's unknown how the Mgalekgolo pair used it in combat.
List of appearances
- Halo Infinite (First appearance)
- Twitter, Halo (@Halo): "Effectively a hard light grenade launcher, the Cindershot’s hyper-charged packets of splinter cores and their subsequent detonation is deadly in close and long-range engagements. When zoomed in, splinter cores can manually track targets too. #FictionFriday" (Retrieved on Sep 2, 2022) [archive]
- Halo Infinite, Cindershot in-game weapon
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 392