BXR Mining Corporation
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
|BXR Mining Corporation|
|Chronological and political information|
The company had facilities in the following cities and locations:
|Planet||Location||Facility Name/Facility Role|
|Reach||Szurdok Ridge||Szurdok Ridge BXR facility|
|Viery Territory||Unidentified titanium mine|
|Bliss||Manikata (Site #1744)|
Circa March 9, 2552, the Covenant attacked a BXR Mining Corporation facility on a human colony. A group of miners volunteered to extract a haul of exotic ore that would be used in the creation of the Spartan-IIs MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor. While they successfully retrieved and delivered the ore, the Covenant bombardment caused a cave-in that blocked their escape. Trapped, one of the miners began singing. The other miners joined in before the cave ultimately collapsed on top of them.
BXR had several facilities on the colony world of Reach. During the Covenant's invasion of Reach in August 2552, one of the corporation's mining facilities on the Szurdok Ridge at Ütközet was made into a stronghold by Covenant forces.
After the Human-Covenant War, BXR was actively involved in mining silicate glass from former colonies destroyed by the Covenant, including Site #1774 on Bliss, which was visited by Benjamin Giraud.
- The abbreviation is a reference to the Button combo "BXR" which could be used to ensure an instant kill in Halo 2.
- Some civilians in New Alexandria wear shirts that bear the BXR logo.
- One variation of the BXR logo is that of three colored squares, a blue square on the left, a yellow square on top, and a red square to the right, representing the X, Y, and B buttons, respectively, on a standard Xbox 360 control pad, another obvious reference to the button combination.
- The shape of the logo seems to be a reference to the chemical safety sign (NFPA 704) that is seen on containers of hazardous materials, as it is a group of four side-ways squares inside another, larger square, the exception being that the BXR logo only has three small squares in a larger one.
A Covenant-occupied BXR mining facility during the Battle of Viery.
Site #1774, a silicate mine on Bliss.
BXR on Meridian in Halo 5: Guardians.
List of appearances
- Halo: Reach (First appearance)
- Halo: Nightfall
- ONI: Walk the Path (Mentioned only)
- Hunt the Truth
- Halo 5: Guardians
- Halo Waypoint, Defiant to the End (Retrieved on Jan 1, 2022) [archive]
- Halo: Reach, campaign level Tip of the Spear
- Bungie.net, Defiant Map Pack (Retrieved on Jan 1, 2022) [archive]
- Halo 5: Guardians, campaign level ??
- Tumblr, Hunt the Truth (image) (Retrieved on Jan 1, 2022) [archive]
- HUNT the TRUTH, Benjamin Giraud Entry 0384 (Retrieved on Jan 1, 2022) [archive]
- Become - UNSC Archives: Lightbringers
- ONI: Walk the Path