From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
In the August 2552, a portion of Noble Team was sent to scout a Covenant "dark zone" at Szurdok Ridge during the Fall of Reach. There they discovered that the area was being used as a staging ground for their forces to invade the planet.
The next day a large battle between the United Nations Space Command and the Covenant took place on the ridge. UNSC forces would eventually make their way to Spire One. There, the Sh'wada-pattern supercarrier would destroy the UNSC Grafton, sending its wreckage into the ground.
- "Szurdok" is the Hungarian word for "canyon". Hence the name, "Szurdok Ridge" sounds like a narrow trench or "Ridge".
- Szurduk is a commune in present-day Romania.
|Browse more images in this article's gallery page.|
List of appearances
- Halo: Reach (First appearance)
- Halo: Ground Command
- Halo Mythos (Mentioned only)
- Halo: Official Spartan Field Manual
- Halo: Shadows of Reach (Mentioned only)