From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Topography and ecology
- Main article: Battle of Bliss
On February 13, 2526, a fleet of 45 Covenant vessels, including five assault carriers, 23 battlecruisers, and 17 destroyers, entered the planet's system. Office of Naval Intelligence operatives on Bliss had apparently learned of the Covenant's inevitable assault and fled the planet. Although the agents of the planet's communications relay took all items of value from the facility with them, they left behind an active communications server, likely assuming the entire station would be destroyed. Three UNSC ships, including the heavy cruisers UNSC Weeping Willows and UNSC Matador, as well as the frigate UNSC Purpose, engaged the Covenant fleet. The battle lasted about three minutes and resulted in the glassing of the colony.
Professor Ellen Anders of Rishard University on Arcadia noted that Bliss, Cote d'Azure, and Onyx had "large-scale engineered features", suggesting the presence of Forerunner structures on the planet.
By 2558, Bliss had not yet been reterraformed by humanity and was now charted in a sector on the outskirts of human space. In that year, a signal emanated from Bliss. The signal was picked up by a source of reporter Petra Janecek's, whom then instructed journalist Benjamin Giraud to discover the signal's source before it was detected by the Unified Earth Government. Gaining passage aboard a mining freighter, Giraud traveled to Bliss and ventured out into the planet's glasslands. He eventually came across the relatively intact communications relay station that had survived the glassing of Bliss. Inside the facility, he discovered the active communications server that had recorded all ONI records over the years. Taking files from the server, Giraud intended to use them to bring down ONI.
Government and society
Intersystem News reported that an estimated 500 million people were feared dead after the glassing of Bliss. This contradicts the data pads in Halo: Reach, which put all human casualties in the Human-Covenant War by 2530 at 62,154,022.
List of appearances
- Halo Wars: Genesis (First appearance)
- Halo: Reach
- Hunt the Truth
- Halo Encyclopedia (2022 edition), page 50
- Dr. Halsey's personal journal - The Accra Incident
- Dr. Halsey's personal journal - Intersystem News
- Dr. Halsey's personal journal "The Accra Incident": "Unknown ships positively identified as alien warships comprising what appear to be five assault carriers, twenty-three battlecruisers, and seventeen destroyers."
- Hunt the Truth, Episode 11: DOWN TO THE BONE
- Halo: Reach Limited Edition, Dr. Halsey's Personal Journal, April 28, 2526
- Halo Wars: Genesis
- Hunt the Truth, Episode 10: GAG ORDER