AMG Transport Dynamics
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
- "From the road, to the track, to the battlefield – we move the galaxy forward"
- — AMG Transport Dynamics's motto
AMG Transport Dynamics, also referred to as Asklon, is a vehicle manufacturing company. It is based in Crisium City, Naniwa, on Luna. AMG has contracts for light-armored vehicles for the UNSC Army, Navy, and Marine Corps as well as other vehicles used throughout human space. The company also makes numerous civilian vehicles such as the Capri and the Hog.
AMG Transport Dynamics designed the first prototype of the M12 Warthog, the Z-12, was designed in 2319. The company initiated a well-crafted advertising campaign and formed a skilled engineering team to showcase the Z-12 prototype's abilities in the unpopulated outlands of Mars and Luna. AMG claimed that the Z-12 could "go anywhere and do anything". In the first eight months of the Z-12's existence, AMG received over three dozen exclusivity contracts; the largest and most profitable of these contracts came from the Colonial Military Authority. AMG secured the deal with the CMA in 2321 to meet most of the organization's land-based transportation needs. The Z-12 was then redesignated the M12 Warthog. Coming into service with the UNSC, the Warthog became the most popular military all-terrain vehicle. However, AMG's Mongoose and Civet vehicle lines trailed closely behind.
In 2483, AMG Transport Dynamics began to manufacture lightly armored all-terrain vehicles for the UNSC. AMG produced seventeen different versions of the "Mongoose" line, with the most recent model being the M274. In 2523, a rebellion broke out on Andesia. The widespread insurgency eventually reached the heavily defended AMG Transport Dynamics facilities in the capital city of Noctus. AMG's facility in New Mombasa, Kenya, on Earth was raided by the Covenant during their invasion of the city on October 20. 2552. It was destroyed when the Covenant glassed the city the following day.
AMG's facility in Andesia's capital city of Noctus was involved with the Spartan branch and "CMMD GRP SEC 3" specifically. In 2556, AMG was "flagged for review" by the Office of Naval Intelligence after the Sedra terrorist attack.
M12 Warthog line
The company had facilities in the following cities and locations:
|Planet||Location||Facility Name/Facility Role||Citation|
|Earth||New Mombasa, EAP|||
|Kentucky, URNA||Proving grounds|||
|Essex Junction, URNA|||
|Luna||Crisium City, Naniwa||Central office and production plant|||
|Andesia||Noctus||M12B Warthog facility|||
AMG Transport Dynamics has a motorsports division, currently managed by Erik Burch. The motorsports division routinely dominates humanity's high-stakes league of interstellar motorsports. The division has a notable time-honored tradition for improving upon their engineering capabilities through competition. The motorsports division has produced prototypes and models, such as the dynamic and durable RallyHog, that have earned class victories in both the New Carthage Sprint Series and 24 Hours of Quezon. Burch attempted to launch Project: HOGSTICKER, a project to create a Warthog with blamite-afterburners, but the project was denied funding by Special Projects Director Tyse Jenkins, who found it to be an outlandish idea.
The name of "Asklon" is derived from the words "Ass clown". The sign on the Tterrab Industries building seen in the level Metropolis in Halo 2 originally read "Askloun". The name was slightly altered in Halo 3: ODST.
- In Halo 3: ODST, the company is only referred to as "Asklon". Their posters can be seen throughout the city, including all the accessible buildings in Mombasa Streets and even the NMPD headquarters. It is possible that Asklon is either what the letter "A" in the title means or that it is a subsidiary of the company.
- The AMG logo looks similar to the icon for the Junior Detective achievement in Halo 3: ODST.
- AMG may be a reference to either AM General, a real world company that produces the HMMWV or Humvee, or the Mercedes-Benz AMG (Aufrecht Melcher Großaspach) tuning and racing division.
- The "Destiny Awaits" poster foreshadows Destiny, Bungie's first post-Halo video game franchise. The white circle represents the Traveler, a mysterious object that orbits Earth and grants the player character supernatural abilities.
- In the Forza Horizon series, AMG Transport Dynamics uses the post-war UNSC insignia introduced in Halo 4 as its manufacturer logo.
- Also, AMG Transport Dynamics is referred to as "343" in the internal game files of the PC releases of the Forza Horizon series, with "343" obviously referencing 343 Industries. This is presumably to avoid confusion with Mercedes-AMG and Mercedes-Benz, both of which are named as "MER" in the internal game files.
A tablet commonly displayed inside Asklon buildings; the goal of "Infinity" refers to an earlier Bungie game, Marathon Infinity.
AMG's New Mombasa facility as seen in the Keep It Clean trailer for Halo 3: ODST; the final game uses the name "Asklon" instead.
List of appearances
- Halo Waypoint - Canon Fodder #106: Outpost Discoveries
- Halo Waypoint - Canon Fodder - Outpost Discoveries
- Halo Waypoint - Warthog
- Halo Waypoint - Mongoose
- Halo Waypoint - Canon Fodder - Beta Late Than Never
- Halo 3: ODST, campaign level, Mombasa Streets
- Halo 3: ODST, campaign level, Coastal Highway
- Halo 5: Guardians, multiplayer map, Eden
- ONI: Walk the Path
- Forza Motorsport - 2554 AMG Dynamics M12S Warthog CST
- Bungie.net - The Warthog
- Halo 3, the Mongoose's chassis
- Halo 3: ODST, campaign level, Mombasa Streets
- Halo 2: Anniversary, campaign level, Metropolis
- Halo 3: ODST, Asklon cities list poster
- Bungie.net: AMG Civilian Hog Review
- Halo 5: Guardians, multiplayer level, Empire
- Halo Waypoint - Canon Fodder - Needle Me This
- Halo Waypoint - Canon Fodder - Driving Force
- Twitter, Vic DeLeon (@vicdeleon): "And the Asklon Corporation are literally “ass clowns”." (Retrieved on Apr 5, 2021) [archive]
- YouTube - Bungie, First Look Halo 2: 1:27
- The Nobeds - Forza Horizon 4 Full Car List Leaked by Windows Store