Oasis (Halo Infinite map)
From Halopedia, the Halo wiki
"WE'VE GOT A NEW CONTACT, UNKNOWN CLASSIFICATION!"This article may contain information based upon upcoming, unreleased, or recently-released content from Halo Infinite, and may not be fully complete. Additionally, the information may be subject to change if it is based on pre-release material. Please update it as soon as any relevant and accurate material is available.
UNSC research site adjacent Forerunner creation engines on an unknown moon
Desert, caverns, UNSC structures
Recommended number of players:
|“||An ancient gift. A new genesis.||”|
Oasis is a multiplayer Big Team Battle map that was included in Halo Infinite's Season 03: Echoes Within.
Universe and lore
This map is set in and around a UNSC research site on a desert cliff on an unknown moon. The facility was constructed for the purpose of studying a mysterious Forerunner artifact. To further study the artifact, the UNSC dug into the cliffside, creating a cavern system. Off the edge of the cliff, a large Forerunner starship can be seen terraforming the desert beneath it. Several smaller Forerunner structures or machines can be seen levitating in the surrounding area, with one located immediately in front of the UNSC base.
Completing an objective will cause the Forerunner ship's terraforming beam to fire off in the background.
- This section needs expansion. You can help Halopedia by expanding it.
The following are locations on the map that are so named on the player's heads-up display during gameplay:
- Cave Lift
- Pipe Hall
- Wall Base
- Tower Base
- South Point
- The Halo 4 map Exile was a major inspiration for some of the elements of Oasis.
- This map is one of the largest Big Team Battle maps in Halo Infinite. It was created with both infantry and vehicle routes in mind, with a particular emphasis on vehicle combat. There are wide open spaces conducive to both air and ground vehicle combat, and there are larger than average number of vehicles available on the map. The interior spaces were designed so that Warthogs (and other similarly-sized vehicles) could access them, allowing them some additional cover from air and heavy vehicles.
A Spartan observes the Forerunner ship as it terraforms the landscape.
- ^ a b c d e f g YouTube - HALO, Halo Infinite | Update - September 2022 (Retrieved on Nov 21, 2022)
- ^ a b c YouTube - HALO, Map Preview | Season 3: Echoes Within | Halo Infinite (Retrieved on Mar 1, 2023)
- ^ a b c d e f Halo Waypoint, Season 3: Maps & Modes Preview (Retrieved on Mar 1, 2023) [archive]
- ^ YouTube - HALO, Season 3: Echoes Within Launch Trailer | Halo Infinite (Retrieved on Feb 24, 2023)